Post Processing Effects Customizer (Legacy)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Post Processing Effects

Post by King of Worms »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 pm KOW, depth of field does not seem to work for me unless I turn one of the AA settings on in post-processing ( preferably TAA, but less noticeably in FXAA because it just doesn't look as good).

Also, I had to turn FXAA on in my video card settings for the d f u FXAA to work for me.
So if it's not turned on in your 3D card settings it's not going to work anyways no matter what the app says, and it's off by default in the settings, so check it.

Also, do you think you could fix the TAA setting ?
It looks funky when you turn around and stuff and the rain disappears, but it's the best one, and as long as you're not turning it looks Sublime.
Can it be fixed or what ?
It seems like it's just a tease if it ain't working right :D
Midnightprince - I have FXAA enabled, it works, and DOF doesnt work no matter what (Nvidia)
TAA looks like crap to me, I hate blurry image, and blurry is a 2nd name of TAA.

Your welcomed Lacus, hope my post sumarizing it will be helpful, thanks for the mod mate.
Suggestion - add sharpening

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:59 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 pm KOW, depth of field does not seem to work for me unless I turn one of the AA settings on in post-processing ( preferably TAA, but less noticeably in FXAA because it just doesn't look as good).

Also, I had to turn FXAA on in my video card settings for the d f u FXAA to work for me.
So if it's not turned on in your 3D card settings it's not going to work anyways no matter what the app says, and it's off by default in the settings, so check it.

Also, do you think you could fix the TAA setting ?
It looks funky when you turn around and stuff and the rain disappears, but it's the best one, and as long as you're not turning it looks Sublime.
Can it be fixed or what ?
It seems like it's just a tease if it ain't working right :D
Midnightprince - I have FXAA enabled, it works, and DOF doesnt work no matter what (Nvidia)
TAA looks like crap to me, I hate blurry image, and blurry is a 2nd name of TAA.

Your welcomed Lacus, hope my post sumarizing it will be helpful, thanks for the mod mate.
Suggestion - add sharpening
The DOF is Super Shuttle, and strangely you notice it more in retro mode..
It actually looks pretty cool..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

GreatSphynx

Post by GreatSphynx »

I read through the thread and don't think this has been addressed at all, but would it be possible to add a slider or controllable variable to the Bloom setting?

I think the bloom looks fantastic on some assets like many of the torches and fire pits, and it adds a lot of ambience to the dungeons. However with some assets like the hanging lanterns they essentially turn into miniature suns where you can't even see the original asset underneath the bloom.

Bigrowdy

Post by Bigrowdy »

Any chance of a mirror site. Dropbox does not play well with my AV.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Bigrowdy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 am Any chance of a mirror site. Dropbox does not play well with my AV.
Wow... so consider changing that nonsense AV before requesting changes elswhere maybe?

J.O.D.

Post by J.O.D. »

Or temporary blocking the AV just for download.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Antivirus is a remnant of the past anyway.

I also used it religiously for year and years, that I went a bit deeper and that made me just uninstall that bloatware from my PC. Its been 5 years and no virus. No malware. Nothing.

Its about thinking what u do with your pc. Unless u spend your time on shady sites downloading strange stuff u are safe.

And if someone really wants ypur pc, he will have it, and the AV changes npthing about that.

My opinion and experience only! Do as you wish.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Any chance to implement sharpening pls?
And what about some other effects, esp godrays?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:48 am Any chance to implement sharpening pls?
And what about some other effects, esp godrays?
This mod is - and has always been - an implementation of the post processing effects included with the Unity Engine. All the available effects are already provided via mod settings. At this time i'm not considering writing new effects by myself or retrieve them from other sources becase i'm already focused on other things.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Fair enough ;)