Post Processing Effects Customizer (Legacy)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Post Processing Effects

Post by pango »

TheLacus wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:30 pm
pango wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 pm It seems that with Post Processing enabled I can no longer disable vsync
Is this still an issue?
I think it's related to "Eye adaptation", when it's on and my framerate drops below 60fps, it gets rounded down to 30fps.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

This is an implementation of the Post Processing Stack provided directly by Unity. You can find the documentation here, maybe Writing post-processing effects is specifically what you're looking for.
Looking at the doc, it is written
"Add it to a Camera
GameObject
for the script to perform post-processing."
So you have to integrate the effects on the camera. The top, no problem.
I have already tried to integrate effects on the camera in "prefab", I mounted the mod, but in the game, the effects do not appear.
That's why I rest my question,
How to integrate camera effects into the mod?
What is the method to create the camera "prefab" for the game to interpret correctly?
Cristalnoir studio

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Cristalnoir wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:55 am
This is an implementation of the Post Processing Stack provided directly by Unity. You can find the documentation here, maybe Writing post-processing effects is specifically what you're looking for.
Looking at the doc, it is written
"Add it to a Camera
GameObject
for the script to perform post-processing."
So you have to integrate the effects on the camera. The top, no problem.
I have already tried to integrate effects on the camera in "prefab", I mounted the mod, but in the game, the effects do not appear.
That's why I rest my question,
How to integrate camera effects into the mod?
What is the method to create the camera "prefab" for the game to interpret correctly?
The mod automatically applies a post processing profile at startup, also taking into account user choices in mod settings. You don't need to make a prefab, the mod already does everything needed. If you want to add a new effect to post processing stack, i think you need to write a MonoBehaviour (with the OnRenderImage method implemented) and add an instance to the camera gameobject (where the camera and post processing behaviour are already located). I never wrote a custom effect for Unity post proessing stack so i'm not able to assist you beside giving you the link to the documentation and suggesting you to look at the implementation of existing effects.

201Pixels

Post by 201Pixels »

Sorry if I seem stupid but I have never used dropbox and can't figure out how to download the mod if anyone could help me or give me a link to someone who does i would be really grateful :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Not stupid at all. Dropbox requires a few steps to get there:

First click out of their invitation window.

Then go to the top right:

Use the Direct Download option.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
I'm not entirely sure where to post this issue, because it requires a combination of several mods, but I think it's the most appropriate place.
The problem is flashing sources of light in the night sky horizon; I experienced a while back "UFOs", I guess this is a variant of the same thing.

So far, I managed to narrow it down to:
- Post Processing mod enabled, all options off except Bloom
- Enhanced Sky mod enabled (sun flare on or off)
- Distant Terrain mod enabled (even all options off)
It does not happen by using Mountains and Hills instead of Distant Terrain, so I assume it's not be the terrain generation side of the mod that's involved.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (60.99 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
Player.log.zip
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
SAVE1.zip
(362.26 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Last edited by pango on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

And the mages guild told us not to worry about the Chernobyl Magic Reactor.

UserOfThisSite

Post by UserOfThisSite »

pango wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:01 am Hi,
I'm not entirely sure where to post this issue, because it requires a combination of several mods, but I think it's the most appropriate place.
The problem is flashing sources of light in the night sky horizon; I experienced a while back "UFOs", I guess this is a variant of the same thing.

So far, I managed to narrow it down to:
- Post Processing mod enabled, all options off except Bloom
- Enhanced Sky mod enabled (sun flare on or off)
- Distant Terrain mod enabled (even all options off)
It does not happen by using Mountains and Hills instead of Distant Terrain, so I assume it's not be the terrain generation side of the mod that's involved.
I have an experience with this problem, it was solved by doing this to camera:

Moreover I advise not to use post processing crap, Unity 5.4's (or may be some other Unity 5) standard assets contain cool bloom/AA/motion/etc. stuff, it works perfectly even on new Unitys and don't cause such problems (you will still need to uncheck MSAA):

Edit:
You'll need "Effects.unitypackage" from it.

Edit#2:
Just to describe what happens: I was using post processing stack before and had this issue on the skybox, when my suns went below horizon, something between 180.5 and 185 degrees, then on the opposite side of skybox I could see blue flickering. When I changed post process crap on Unity 5.4's effects, the problem was gone. However, when I added planet rings as a distant object in the sky, I could see red and yellow pixels on it flickering, not much a problem, but still not perfect:

Then I disabled AA in quality settings and disabled MSAA on camera and added AA script from standard assets. This way I had bloom together with AA and no artifacts.

Edit#3:
Oh and forgot to mention, I also don't like motion blur from standard assets either, I advise to use this one:
https://cinema-suite.com/natural-motion-blur-for-unity/

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Postprocess would benefit from some update indeed. Its a essential mod for many. Slight godrays for better mornings/evenings. Working DoF (or removing it completely). I think the eye adaptation could be better, now it just makes the image too dark and washed out.

Still, the ssao, antialiasing,slight motionblur and dithering are the effects I use on the daily and im happy for that to be working.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This still works for me on the current live build Windows 10
Check out my YouTube Channel!