Post Processing Effects Customizer (v1.3.0)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
PanYT

Re: Post Processing Effects Customizer (v1.3.0)

Post by PanYT »

I am just trying this mod.

What I can see is a round soft shadow below objects like characters, lamp post and grass etc. Is this Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)? Does this dynamically adjust to light sources or time of day to warp these soft shadows?

What do I have to look for to find bloom?

Do Screen Space Reflections work with the DREAM textures?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

PanYT wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:13 am I am just trying this mod.

What I can see is a round soft shadow below objects like characters, lamp post and grass etc. Is this Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)? Does this dynamically adjust to light sources or time of day to warp these soft shadows?

What do I have to look for to find bloom?
Hi!

This mod provide customization options for standard post processing effects. Their core funtionality is the same as most other games; maybe these descriptions from Unity docs can help as a starting point:
The Ambient Occlusion post-processing effect approximates Ambient Occlusion in real time as a full-screen post-processing effect. It darkens creases, holes, intersections and surfaces that are close to each other. In real life, such areas tend to block out or occlude ambient light, hence they appear darker.
Bloom is an effect used to reproduce an imaging artifact of real-world cameras. The effect produces fringes of light extending from the borders of bright areas in an image, contributing to the illusion of an extremely bright light overwhelming the camera or eye capturing the scene.
PanYT wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:13 am Do Screen Space Reflections work with the DREAM textures?
Yes, it doesn't require specific support from texture mods. However, is possible that the effect appears too strong or missing on certain materials if they haven't been finetuned with reflections in mind. Also have a look at Realtime Reflections wich does a similar thing with a different approach.
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Will this be updated for the new version? :idea:

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

emmathepony wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 am Will this be updated for the new version? :idea:
It's already compatible. It isn't working for you?
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.