NPC Flats Addendum

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: NPC Flats Addendum

Post by King of Worms »

I mean... he is NOT in my daggerfall imaging... I know all the files and he looks like this in my game, thats for sure :) No wayrest sign on him at all, thats why Im so surprised ... I use daggerfall setup 2.14.1 as a source
2-0.PNG
2-0.PNG (4.71 KiB) Viewed 5003 times

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Oh you know what, I'm using the unofficial patches for Daggerfall (for instance, the Dunmerized skin on the Wayrest royal family) - I wonder if one of those edits was to put the crest on the local guards?

EDIT: I stumbled upon a neat pixelize shader in GIMP - would people be interested in a more retro version of the sprites as well? They still benefit from the detail work I painted in, but they blend a bit better with the sprites that haven't gotten a revamp yet.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

That must be it, because in a vanila game, there is no wayrest crest on that guard :) Thanks for clarification.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Trying my hands at another animated sprite :o

Gonna try to get a few more of the Wayrest flats finished before I upload.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

I was never very happy with this sprite from the Wayrest set and thought the details below the head were really sloppy. So now that I know a little bit more about what I'm doing, I decided to take another crack at it.

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Don't forget not to stick with the pixel-limited borders. I mean, you don't always - the spear head is good, for example - but the shapes of the arms are very strange.
StarMadeKnight wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:33 am Been gone for a minute but now I'm back :)

I'm a bit rusty so it's not 100% where I want it to be but it's a pretty good start.

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Work is still proceeding on the Wayrest flats :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Looks great! :)

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Thanks Alex :)

Eadwyre is ready to join his lovely wife in glorious HD!

I'm still working on Helseth ATM, I'll upload this latest batch once he's complete.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is really amazing work! BTW, just let me know whenever you're ready for this to be moved into released mods. :)