[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Vondur

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Vondur »

Its such a great idea I wanna make a whole character around it! My current one is kind of not the scholarly type, (understatement) even though he could do well cuz of stealth and climbing it would be a bit out of character.

This could eventually inspire me to do a whole other Let's play though
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've thought about adding signs and bit of extra details outside the Gothway Garden building to make it stick out a bit more. I need to figure out how KOW can put in low res textures replacements without compression cause it downgrades the quality a lot on sprites.

You could try it for yourself if you also got Uncann'ys location loader. I only put a place in Gothway Garden for now:

ArchaeologistsGuildSigns.rar
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Zadroter wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:37 am I also figured out that it be cool to make guild it's own sign
You mind if I use your sign for this? I just have a placeholder one right now.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Just a few words of encouragement and support.
This mod is a great idea. I hope to see it developed in full one day.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

pango

Post by pango »

It's very playable already!
One thing missing: you can't ask about Archaeologists guilds in Regional questions. So you have to hunt them down and keep track of the locations you found yourself...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Kamer,

1st u need to place the textures u want to create a DFMOD from to the right folders, so do it like me, that works:
Files.jpg
Files.jpg (150.52 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
Than u need to set up them in a unity like this:
texture.jpg
texture.jpg (925.41 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
And than u need to create a materials like this:
Material.jpg
Material.jpg (310.66 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
When this is done, you open the Mod Builder, select the materials and click Add Materials.

Try it, and let me know if/when you encounter a problems.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Kamer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:06 am I need to figure out how KOW can put in low res textures replacements without compression cause it downgrades the quality a lot on sprites.
Loose files textures follow setting [Enhancements] -> CompressModdedTextures. If you want to configure textures individually you can bundle them inside a mod as KoW suggested.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Wow, I'd kinda come to the conclusion that no one much cared about this mod TBH... very nice to have some encouragement, definitely. Thank you!

I always intended to finish it but have found it hard to find motivation to do so as I honestly thought no one was actually using it.

Most of the core is there, and it's completely playable - the next thing I wanted to add was recall without needing a spell. So was going to add a magic item that the guild could provide, just haven't yet. That is the only thing left that's a major gameplay advantage of magic users. I'm also going to look at adding a sign outside the guild hall, as that would be a nice touch.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I will absolutelly use this mod, just now I try to stay off the quests or anything with more depth and save it for a full walkthru when the game is v1.0 or a bit more...
Maybe this sign would be cool? Just a idea .)
1 (7).png
1 (7).png (535.31 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

Jaiysaun

Post by Jaiysaun »

This mod is great. It fits perfectly into the world, makes overlooked skills useful, the quests are well written, and the interiors of the guilds are detailed in such a way to feel like a real place. This is the kind of mod I'd recommend to anyone, and it hasn't even reached its full potential yet. It's one of the mods that will always be every new install.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks for the kind words Jaiysaun, much appreciated.

Today I added a mark of recall which you get when you join. Also potion of recall that can be purchased or mixed.

Then looked at adding a sign for the guild. Just tested with a temple sign, I need to figure out how I can add a new model and texture etc. Not a replacement like many of the hi res mods do. That will have to wait for me to read (and understand) the model modding stuff - help & pointers welcome! :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods