[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Zadroter

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Zadroter »

Sorry for too much questions since I know of confused :?
Your method, as already presented can add stuff to individual block, or it rewrite actual block data? For example, I added something to block GENERAS02, and now ALL cities which have this block in them will have it?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Zadroter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:23 pm Sorry for too much questions since I know of confused :?
Your method, as already presented can add stuff to individual block, or it rewrite actual block data? For example, I added something to block GENERAS02, and now ALL cities which have this block in them will have it?
Yes it can add and change the block data, basically it overrides a portion of the classic data for a building. Dump the data to json file and edit it, place in right folder and the block is changed. Every place the block is used will have the changes.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Thanks for answers. I answered in discord how to.. baisicly do everything, since I only barely understand what you talking about :)
I can make unique 3d model for guildhouse in original daggerfall style if you want, if you show how you want it to look like

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No idea what discord you mean, but I hope you got enough info. As for replacing the building, a whole new interior would be required as well as an exterior which is a lot of work. I'm actually very pleased with how the guild building has worked out and don't really feel the need to re-do it, especially given how much time I spent on it. Thanks for the offer though. Hopefully there'll be another guild mod at some point (probably once UVs editor is availiable) which may need a more guildhall looking building.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

I meant Unofficial daggerfall Unity Discord server - https://discord.gg/QddGSA
Okay, if you need some models in vanilla style or textures and sprites - just ask.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Now that the first DFU alpha build is out, I have released a new version of the Archaeologists guild mod. :ugeek: This release, v0.6, will only work with alpha builds. All of the functionality is complete, with remaining work being fixing issues and refining the quests. I want to make them less like other guilds and a bit different if I can. They're perfectly fine as is though... thanks to Jay!

New features:
  • A new quest JHAR013
  • Added teleport potions, can be purchased or mixed. You will need at least 2; 1st to set anchor and 2nd to teleport back there. I think the recipe can drop... but would be good to have comfirmation from someone.
  • New members are now given a mark of recall when joining. This can be repaired/recharged for up to 1200 gp or replaced for 10k gp.
  • Guild halls now have custom signs outside. (thanks Zadroter!)
I consider that the mod now fully supports non-magic players by providing alternatives to recall spells. I'm now very interested in having people play test non-magic or non-combative language based characters with this mod - need feedback on balance (costs as you rise through ranks etc) and which quests cause issues.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for the update Hazelnut!
I hate to be that one but... the link in opening post doesnt work :lol: It says "not found"

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:58 pm Thanks for the update Hazelnut!
I hate to be that one but... the link in opening post doesnt work :lol: It says "not found"
Thanks, fixed it now. Had changed my release tag format because I have more than one released mod in my repo now.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Downloading, thank you ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

theJF has been doing some videos focusing on the Archaeologists. As a guild they've turned out quite well! I feel better about the quests seeing them in action.