[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I'm not sure what I did with them after use. Been a while since I was a member. There is a guy in the guild who can re-power the marks, but can he do seemthing for the locator devices?

HydroHastile

Post by HydroHastile »

Already activated locator devices seem to crumble into dust when I "Use" them again after finishing with them. On another note though I can't ever seem to activate the locator device I bought for my own needs even after I've finished 80% of the dungeon, while the ones given for guild quests could activate just fine seemingly at any % of dungeon completion.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What version of DFU are you on? This might be another 0.10.25 bug.

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

I'm on the latest version. I was thinking of going back to the previous version though as the game crashes a lot.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, we're getting a lot of odd behaviour and mod conflicts with the new build it seems.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Jay_H wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:53 am I actually don't know whether the quest condition for skill checks depends on base or enchanted skill level. We'll have to see!
Not sure about Giants, but I tried it for the nymph quest and failed horribly. Though my base skill was like 8%, so that very well could have been a factor too (I'm not sure how much the spell buffs your ability with it, or if it's just auto-pass any checks normally).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not releasing this offcially on Nexus until 0.10.26 is out, but here is a 0.10.25a compatible version for those who want to test it out. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly with .25a - looks good to me but I've not checked everything.
Attachments
archaeologists.zip
(224.62 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

lychgator

Post by lychgator »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:31 pm Not releasing this offcially on Nexus until 0.10.26 is out, but here is a 0.10.25a compatible version for those who want to test it out. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly with .25a - looks good to me but I've not checked everything.
I have a couple of bugs to report using 0.10.25a with the unofficial mod file posted above (mod options list it is Version 1.2).

This is actually my first time playing 0.10.25a, so I'm expecting oddities, but I'm not sure if it's DFU or the mod at work here, or an odd combination of the two. Anyway, I started a new character and went to Ripbrone Commons to join the Cartographers, but noticed an Archaeology guild in the north of the city, so went to join it. I discovered the following:

1. I was able to talk to several different members of the guild, and each one gave me the option to Join. When I clicked that, I got the long text dump about it, and a Yes/No option. If I chose Yes, I would get a Mark of Recall item. Thing is, because I could join over and over again just talking with different members, I ended up 8 Marks in my inventory.

2. When I finally found the quest giver, and talked to him to request a quest, an empty modal would draw which I assume would contain the quest data. Since it was empty, I couldn't interact with it except to close the dialogue (cancel out of it).

Now, I'm running a bunch of mods right now on this fresh DFU install, so I haven't _confirmed_ it's not a mod conflict, but I'm hoping someone else has seen this issue. If not, I'll try to isolate it down myself.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New release v1.2 is now availible on Nexus for DFU 0.10.26+ with a new guild quest "Dwemer Rumors" written by JayH. Thanks for that Jay!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.