[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Jay_H »

Archaeologist quest 3: Recover some bones from a dungeon to placate the royal family's wrath.

Image Image Image

This quest is now basically done, but I'm going to add some major branches to it. The magic item reward is a 1/3 chance, and you won't know what its effect is until the quest is over :twisted: Feel lucky?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's always great to watch you belt out quests, Jay. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you :) It's not quite so hard when I have so many to cut and paste from. The main issue, as usual, is thinking of fresh ideas.

Intrigue related to quest 3, the bones search. What will you choose?

And there's more than this, too.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Good news for all members (and potential members) of the Archaeologists guild - a recent large and valuable find has enabled the guild to finance the opening of new halls all over the Iliac bay!

The highlight is that there's now a guild hall in Daggerfall city itself, in the northern quarter near the north gate. Not the most sought after location in the city, but respectable nonetheless.

:D

Have updated the locations list and v0.2 of the mod is now available on github containing the new guildhalls plus Jay's new quest. (in beta)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut properly says "quest," because I happened to erase the first two while attempting to connect to github :P Don't delete repositories on four hours of sleep, friends!

However, I've almost entirely reconstructed them, so they're easily at beta level now. They'll get into a build soon enough.

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

I tested the 0.2 version a little, and I like the new quest, it's nothing fancy but it gives more variety. I found a bug (it could be unrelated to the mod)

and one text too long.

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm The locator indicator is simply the quickest thing I could use to prove the code was working. I'm actually a lot happier with the result than I expected. For 'programmer' art is pretty good. Quite surprised no one has figured out what I've used.
Looking for textures to translate I found the image: (SUN_00I0.IMG)
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, the Wrothgarian Mountains is one of the longer regional names. I'll edit that around to make room. Thank you.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The inventory image you posted devisomanda, do these text stings only appear when you hover over the paintings? How does it look with other items? Seems to me there are two issues, one is that the info panel text is not being displayed in the right place, and the other is that there are unhandled macros. Have you changed any macros, the things like '%sub' for instance, while translating? Do you have an untranslated build where you could load the same save and show the same situation?

And yes, the indicator for the locator is currently just using the sun texture! I'd love to replace it with some custom art, but I am no artist so it would need to be contributed to the mod by someone who has the skills and talent.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

this obviously happens because it is tried to put too much text into the box. an easy solution would be to crop text characters after a certain length.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Actually I think it's the info implementation for paintings, it uses the message id 250 and the message is:

Code: Select all

[0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %sub by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] The %sub by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %adj by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %adj %sub by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %pp1 %sub by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %pp1 %adj %sub by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %sub %pp2 by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %adj %sub %pp2 by %an[0xFF][0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] [0xFC] %pp1 %adj %sub %pp2 by %an[0xFE]
So it's not unsurprising that this doesn't work. No idea what this message is for but looks like is wrong one for paintings. I'll fix this when I get the chance.