Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Baler

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Baler »

A must have mod. Whether it's your first or 500th time playing daggerfall this quest pack is a breath of fresh air for any quester!
I was pleasantly surprised at how well incorporated and lore friendly this pack was to daggerfall.
Endorsed :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you Baler :D I'm pretty certain there are some bad apples in the bunch, and I want to know which ones they are :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've retired the Perpetual Quest Pack and merged them into this quest pack. What used to be self-initiated quests will now follow as consequences to currently running ones. This'll allow people to get quests at a rhythm more fitting their play style. This should create some more surprises and replayability. I haven't merged over all quests yet, but enough to matter.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay, the configuration file i wrote add support for files named JH---.txt, excluding other txt files like the Readme. I noticed that you have added a file named imdfu00a.txt, which also doesn't start with JH. You should edit configuration from "{JH,QuestList-}*.txt" to "{JH,IM,QuestList-}*.txt". If you prefer i can do it. It's possible that you don't see any difference because you might have a workspace that overrides settings. Try to open the folder dfunity-questpacks to see what i'm talking about. ;)

I also found a quest named JHPQ035 while the file is JHTGA02.txt. Maybe the editor should provide an error when this happens, unless there are valid reasons to use different names.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Nah, the IM one is one that I meant to transfer over, then I got interrupted and haven't gone back to it :D I'm leaving it in limbo until I remember what to do with it.

Thanks for the heads-up about the incorrect file name. I was in a rush to change PQ to guild quests.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 am Thanks for the heads-up about the incorrect file name. I was in a rush to change PQ to guild quests.
This makes me wonder if is valid to use a name different than file name, beside being not much useful given that there is also DisplayName. I think start quest action relies on filename for example, maybe you can add a note to the tutorial. Interkarma can you confirm if quest name and file name must match or this is not a strict requirement?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut designed the Quest Pack system. We'll have to get the answer from him :)

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

Sorry to intrude, but I had a very basic question about the version requirements.

It mentions 7.2 for one of them, for example. With DFU do the version numbers go 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 ... 7.19, 7.20, etc. or do they go 7.18, 7.19, 7.2(0) etc. Rather basic, but it is to cover the bases.

I think I have the latest full build from 5-24-2019, which is I think 7.146 version. Is this meeting the 7.2 requirement or not meeting it?

Most modern games use the next decimal place as an interim iteration, so my original thought was that 7.2 was newer than 7.19, but now I'm not sure, and I have seen the other method used often enough.

I'm not conversant with how one would update from GitHub, as it seems to use a different format, so there must be another step if I needed to update the 5-24-2019 Live Build. I'd just need to be pointed to where the instructions are to build that, if it is needed, as this seems like an interesting addition for more quests.

Thanks much.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

0.7.2 is well obsolete. In fact, it just makes sense to erase that version by now. The 0.7.3+ version is compatible with current DFU.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm Hazelnut designed the Quest Pack system. We'll have to get the answer from him :)
I don't think its' strictly related to quest packs, is more of a general quest engine design. The editor i'm working on uses quest names to check if start quest actions are valid, but apparently i should have used file names.