Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

Midknightprince wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 pm JHMG007 Teleported me into a cage, in the dungeon
I can do the teleportmode, I'm just sharing the exp...
I hope everyone'll know how to use the teleport to get out :lol: Good to see you understand it.

Someday we might figure out how to move quest markers and so on. There are cases like this (or when you get teleported into a solid statue) that we could prevent.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

It was actually kinda cool.
I thought I was gonna be forced to watch some kinda morbid play or something.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Midknightprince wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 am It was actually kinda cool.
I thought I was gonna be forced to watch some kinda morbid play or something.
:lol:

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

JHTG008, nice one.
When magic comes in, its going to be nuts :D
JHTG007, a finger ?
Really lol ?
That was a cool quest man, and you actually have to "use" the finger from the inventory, nice..
I like the interaction stuff like that, it feels good when your doing it..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Midknightprince wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 pm JHMG007 Teleported me into a cage, in the dungeon
I can do the teleportmode, I'm just sharing the exp...
I haven't started using this mod yet, so I hope this isn't missing the point and/or stating the too obvious, but cages that sometimes hold target objects/spawns in vanilla DF quests have, in my experience, more widely spaced bars and you can get in and out by crouching. In other words, it's your height that traps you inside or outside those cages.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:25 pm JHTG008, nice one.
When magic comes in, its going to be nuts :D
JHTG007, a finger ?
Really lol ?
That was a cool quest man, and you actually have to "use" the finger from the inventory, nice..
I like the interaction stuff like that, it feels good when your doing it..
I was wondering if 007 was too dark for the Thieves Guild. I'm willing to change things around based on feedback.
I haven't started using this mod yet, so I hope this isn't missing the point and/or stating the too obvious, but cages that sometimes hold target objects/spawns in vanilla DF quests have, in my experience, more widely spaced bars and you can get in and out by crouching. In other words, it's your height that traps you inside or outside those cages.
It's worse than that. Sometimes DF sends you below a trapdoor without any way out, or other similar predicaments. Teleporting was supported by classic but not very well elaborated.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 am
It's worse than that. Sometimes DF sends you below a trapdoor without any way out, or other similar predicaments. Teleporting was supported by classic but not very well elaborated.
Oh yeah, certainly. It's a feature of all Bethesda games that you're left wondering didn't anyone playtest it? So save at every step of the way.

The new console is great for overcoming impossible dungeon features and I hope it will remain as powerful as it is now when we get through alpha and beta, because as long as any part of the game is vanilla, there will always be things like this in it. If anyone wants to use the console to make themselves overpowered, that's their choice.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, I have often muttered to myself that Bethesda only releases half a game, and leaves the other half to the modding community :lol:

Excellent tip about the cages, by the way. I didn't know about that. Hopefully we can find some fixes for other stubborn situations and make the experience more seamless.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

I'm now trying this mod and I like the non-vanilla quests I've seen so far. It definitely helps to have someone with an imagination designing quests (yes, another swipe at Bethesda).

There's a fighters quest where I had to pick up an emerald and it turned out fighters and mercs were being headhunted (I assume it's from this mod!) The quester said at the end keep the emerald and take his life savings, but the emerald was removed from my inventory, along with the other quest object (a note). A mere detail - it was fun to do, anyway, and well rewarded by the misc loot from enemies.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Darn, because the quest action is programmed to let you keep the item. I don't know how old the ModDB version is since I don't update it that much. If you want, you can grab the most recent one off github, which I know is programmed properly: http://github.com/JayH2971/dfunity-questpacks. I'll update the ModDB version now so you can also get it from there.

Yes, that quest is mine. I recently wrote the other end of the spectrum, where you can find out who "K." is and see how this business works :)

There can be bugs since the quests have been playtested only very little. I'll fix what I learn about.