Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Reskal

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Reskal »

So since my quest-connection to the npc of the carto-guild is broken now i guess i have to wait for another paper that the wind may blow at my leg:)
But glad you guys are still on it. :)

ebbpp

Post by ebbpp »

Is there somewhere any description of this quests? What are the reputation gains/loses and rewards?

Baler

Post by Baler »

ebbpp wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:14 pm Is there somewhere any description of this quests? What are the reputation gains/loses and rewards?
You can final every detail inside the .txt files for each quest. I recommend using notepad++ to view. as well as finding the txt file for the quest you're interested in via it's find in files feature.
:|

ebbpp

Post by ebbpp »

Thank you for the answer. This is not very clear unfortunately. I see the gold rewards, but reputation is not clear, for example what "legal repute" stands for.
Baler wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pm
ebbpp wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:14 pm Is there somewhere any description of this quests? What are the reputation gains/loses and rewards?
You can final every detail inside the .txt files for each quest. I recommend using notepad++ to view. as well as finding the txt file for the quest you're interested in via it's find in files feature.
:|

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

ebbpp wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:31 pm Thank you for the answer. This is not very clear unfortunately. I see the gold rewards, but reputation is not clear, for example what "legal repute" stands for.
Just out of curiousity, in your personal page ingame, under "affiliations"..is there a membership of cartography guild listed ? Not with me here, but i failed the first quest. I don't remember if i got the membership before the quest or if the quest was a requirement. Don't know how i could get another chance to get into the guild.

pango

Post by pango »

The cartographers is not a guild, just a set of quests, so as far as the game is concerned there's no affiliation with the cartographers...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ebbpp

Post by ebbpp »

Are you sure? They are saying that after I'll rise within their rank they will stop those pointless journeys, so it seems you are wrong.
pango wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:05 pm The cartographers is not a guild, just a set of quests, so as far as the game is concerned there's no affiliation with the cartographers...
Really there is no hope for description of those quests?
I'm really missing their description on wiki list :/
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Quests

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

ebbpp wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:45 pm Are you sure? They are saying that after I'll rise within their rank they will stop those pointless journeys, so it seems you are wrong.
No, pango has it perfectly right. There is no such thing as a Cartographer affiliation in the game. You will get different quests but never belong to a guild. Please be more cautious when accusing others of being wrong ;)

ebbpp

Post by ebbpp »

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. If that's the case then creators should fix those quest descriptions, they are very misleading. Also if that's the case what's the point of doing those quests all together? The letter quests usually ware bringing some unique quests, and this as I understand is just a "coins for travel" routine. Sure they add variety, but in the end they neither interesting or rewarding...
Jay_H wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:10 am
ebbpp wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:45 pm Are you sure? They are saying that after I'll rise within their rank they will stop those pointless journeys, so it seems you are wrong.
No, pango has it perfectly right. There is no such thing as a Cartographer affiliation in the game. You will get different quests but never belong to a guild. Please be more cautious when accusing others of being wrong ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

My recommendation is to not do them. Other users have found them to be an interesting break from the ordinary Daggerfall routine, but if you do not, I will not remove them from the quest pack.