Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent! I didn't know you did that. Very good then! :) Sorry about that.
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm So it should look like this right ?
streaming assets/questpacks/JH + the readme?
That is ALOT of stuff dude.
Be proud bro..
Thank you! Your encouragement went a long way, and this (IMO) is just the beginning. Yes, the JH folder goes inside the questpacks folder. I thought the readme was inside JH, but that's a lesser concern.

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:36 am Yes, the JH folder goes inside the questpacks folder. I thought the readme was inside JH, but that's a lesser concern.
There's a readme inside the questpacks folder by default, that may be the one he's referring to.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

With Hazelnut's guidance and supervision, I've combined the Perpetual Quest Pack into this one and added quest lists for the Noble and Commoner quests. They will now be offered from the regular quest sources. Once implemented, a prompt will be offered when creating a new character to begin the Perpetual Quests immediately, if desired.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I wanted to get some feedback from community members, if possible. Right now I have all quests set up into one package, so when it gets installed, it'll all be installed together. My options are:

1. Keep them as one. This includes the guild, non-guild, and Perpetual quest pack together. Players can delete any folder in particular to remove that faction's added quests.
2. Keep the guild and non-guild packs together and separate out the Perpetual into their own pack.
3. Keep guild, non-guild, and Perpetual quests all as separate quest packs, to be installed each on their own.
4. Separate every single guild and faction into a different quest pack so players can choose whether only to have Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Temple, and so on added.

I can't properly see the ramifications of each of these, so I want to see if any forum members have suggestions.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

#3 is my opinion, but you already knew that :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

#3 or #4 seem the most appropriate to me. I appreciate modularity. :)

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Would it be too much work to release packs following #3/#4 but also a full pack as in #1? That way, fine-tuners could fine-tune, but someone who just trusts that all your quests are going to be nice and wants them all wouldn't have to install a lot of different packs.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 am Would it be too much work to release packs following #3/#4 but also a full pack as in #1? That way, fine-tuners could fine-tune, but someone who just trusts that all your quests are going to be nice and wants them all wouldn't have to install a lot of different packs.
I think it's unreasonable to ask Jay to maintain multiple distribution copies. The question is really where the balance should be set between requiring players who only want selected parts of JH quests to have to unzip and then delete directories, or requiring players who want all JH quests to have to unzip more than one zip file. Hope that helops put it into context.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Then I would set that balance at #1. For experienced users, I don't think unzipping and deleting directories is much more work than unzipping multiple zip files (in fact, if the latter involves clicking several download links, it may actually be more work). And for total noobs #1 may be more straightforward. Just my quite unqualified opinion, though.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

quest pack could be a zip file containing other zip files for every guild/etc., just use the zip files of the things you want to have in your game ;)