Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
alphaTECH

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by alphaTECH »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm It's going to be a little awkward when you barely enter the dungeon and the guy already cheers up
Nah, it'll be fine, either one or two in-game hours is still a decent amount of time to find and kill most enemies in the dungeon; Privateer's Hold especially, seeing as how everyone has already been there and long time players could probably draw a map from memory!

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

There's a bug in CUSTOM01. If you click on the questgiver after the quest has been started, he will assume you are handing it in empty handed, but nothing happens (the quest remains in your log and you go and kill the necromancer).

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

CUSTOM01 is Interkarma's, not mine ;) https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... STOM01.txt Though it could stand to reason I could upload a fix for it, not sure.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Helegad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pm There's a bug in CUSTOM01. If you click on the questgiver after the quest has been started, he will assume you are handing it in empty handed, but nothing happens (the quest remains in your log and you go and kill the necromancer).
I tested this, and it's intended. Daggerfall had many such fail messages that weren't implemented or were poorly done so. We've restored many of them, and I've implemented a lot in my quests. CUSTOM01's is blunt but in line with the others.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

The quest doesn't end when you get that dialog though. It's misleading at best.

Handylimit

Post by Handylimit »

Hello. I appear to be having issues with the Cartographer introductory quest.

The issue is the quest giver disappears from the library he is standing in once I leave the library and re-enter. This makes it impossible for me to turn in the quest once I have completed it. I have tested a bunch of different things: completing the quest and returning, entering the library but not talking to him, accepting but then immediately re-entering, etc. In all these cases he disappears. I have searched the library also but could not find him after his initial disappearance. Asking other characters about him has them tell me he's still in the Library. I have waited in a nearby tavern for 72 hours hoping that he would return but he doesn't.

I'm not sure if there is something obvious I am missing, or if there is a conflict with another mod, or if this is just a bug.

Reskal

Quest-npc in cartographers guild is not there

Post by Reskal »

Hi,

i posted my problem in another thread already and because of the savegame i added there i just link it here.
It has to do with not-appearing quest-npc, this occurs very often to me. But here the original link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3582&p=42059#p42059

Jay_H

Re: Quest-npc in cartographers guild is not there

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma

Re: Quest-npc in cartographers guild is not there

Post by Interkarma »

I'll merge this with quest pack #1 topic. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm CUSTOM01 is Interkarma's, not mine ;) https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... STOM01.txt Though it could stand to reason I could upload a fix for it, not sure.
The "say 1003" action was added to clearclick task execution in your PR below. It wasn't part of the original quest. It was just intended to clear the click. :)

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 61839cd45b

Happy for the quest to be edited again, or even just removed. I wrote that quest mainly as an example/pioneer for custom quests. What you and others are doing today far outstrip any worth it has today as an example.