Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
sebastian7

Re: Another "quest-npc missing" topic

Post by sebastian7 »

Reskal wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:55 pm Hi there,

Alpha v0.10.22

To be exact, questgiver does not react.
Using quest-pack. Took a mission from the knights order in Daggerfall, to find a missing knight. After getting him back to the knights guild, i cannot turn the quest in. There is a quest step in between, i had to find a woman first in a little village, she lead me to the dungeon where this knight was missed. I went to this woman too after getting him, shes not mentioned in the questlog. She lives in "The sreaming hedgehog Inn"(Gaerhard Residence).
Not sure if the quest-pack mod is the problem or not.
If it is, does it help to remove the quest-pack again ? If the original daggerfall quests are not like this, i would remove it, because i had this problem now a few times and this way its not a really good mod.
Hey, just wanted to report that I had the exact same issue with this specific quest. I tested it out on both my current save and a fresh save I made just to test this issue, so it seems to be a consistent problem. Let me know if you want me to attach those saves and I'll be happy to do so. To be clear, the quest in question is JHKN011
Check out my let's play series of modded daggerfall where I showcase all the great work people here have done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hwqq1ioAdW

Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

How long ago did you download Quest Pack 1? This should have been fixed in May. Go ahead and post the saves, and I'll see if anything's obvious.

sebastian7

Post by sebastian7 »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:43 pm How long ago did you download Quest Pack 1? This should have been fixed in May. Go ahead and post the saves, and I'll see if anything's obvious.
Ah, that *could* be the problem. I'm not sure if I had the newest version when this bug started but I did make sure to install the newest version and then test out if I could then talk to the NPC. I may have also installed the newest version before testing the quest out on a clean save, I can't remember. Sorry for the lack of clarity there. Anyways, here are the two saves on which the bug is happening, and the newest version is definitely installed at this point
Attachments
SAVE468.rar
(266.05 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
SAVE466.rar
(589.57 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Check out my let's play series of modded daggerfall where I showcase all the great work people here have done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hwqq1ioAdW

Ralzar

(Bug) JHMG009 quest target NPC does not spawn

Post by Ralzar »

I took a quest from the Mages Guild.

Bring manuscript to guy in a town.

I get a threatening letter from the thieves guild. Ignore it.

Sleep in tavern. Thieves guild attacks. I flee.

I get to the town. No "People" available in conversation options. In "General" there is one residence. I enter the residence which only has a generic NPC. No quest NPC.

I reload to before resting in the inn. I kill the attackers. Travel to the town again and... it's the exact same. No "People" the one named residence that is empty.

To make sure, I went through all taverns, shops and temples in the town (small town) to check for any spawned NPCs. Found nothing.
SAVE61.zip
(363.83 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Last edited by Ralzar on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Re: (Bug) JHMG009 quest target NPC does not spawn

Post by Ralzar »

Solved it.

Edited this:

Code: Select all

"displayName": "Mordastyr Yeomhart",
                        "godName": "Stendarr",
                        "homePlaceSymbol": {
                            "original": "_client_home_",
                            "name": "client_home"

To this:

Code: Select all

"displayName": "Mordastyr Yeomhart",
                        "godName": "Stendarr",
                        "homePlaceSymbol": {
                            "original": "_res_",
                            "name": "res"

Because _client_home_ was not defined in the questdata in my save, but _res_ was the house without a quest NPC.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Did you wait until after the person was supposed to arrive? That quest makes the person arrive at _res_ after 5 to 8 days.
_qgiver_ of the
Mages Guild has tasked me with
protecting a manuscript that needs
to get to ___res_ after =2res_
days. I need to deliver it to
_client_ to receive my payment.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Whoops, apparently I missed that :D

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

The quest JHFG027, aka "Dark Sayings" from the Fighters Guild, seems to be broken for me. I accept it, get the letter from the quest giver, open my inventory to find a quest-related piece of parchment that I can't interact with, and nothing appears under active quests in my log, nor under finished quests. If I exit my inventory and open it back up, the parchment is gone. The quest disappears from the guild list after this. Debug info shows the quest as having started, but then is marked as finished once I exit my inventory, with no official messages of any kind. Several reloads to try again had no effect. I also tried loading a much older save to make sure it wasn't something I had done in the course of my playthrough, but had the same result.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Without more info, I'd pre-judge that as being in a region with no library. If the quest can't find all the resources it needs, it'll crash upon trying to start. FG027 requires a temple, a library, and two houses in the region.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Oh interesting, I didn't know that's how the game handled that sort of potential issue. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be it. I was initially attempting it in the capital of Kozanset, which does has a library, but I headed to Daggerfall city and tried accepting it there with the same result. Also just to make sure it wasn't something about 10.24, I jumped back to 10.23, but no luck either. I'm certainly happy to answer any other questions, just let me know.