Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Antony89

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Antony89 »

JHMG014: Darkness Falls (Mages Guild)

The scholar is dead, i got blocked so i checked the suggestion page on UESP, it tells to ask for "rumors" to peasants, i have asked "any news" to over 200 npc and no one tell me about the location of the vampires.

Why? :?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The rumors are inserted at the start of the quest, so it definitely isn't an execution error. There have been issues in the past regarding rumor-based quests, so it could get balanced at some point (https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1650). As for the quest and everything I could do, it's executed properly.

Eccer

Post by Eccer »

Hello, a noob question. How would one start the quest pack on an already existing save? :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It already is! The new quests will start appearing immediately after you've put them in, assuming they're placed properly. You won't get the level 1 artifact quest or Cartographers invitation unless you start a new character, but those are the only things you'll miss.

Eccer

Post by Eccer »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:04 am It already is! The new quests will start appearing immediately after you've put them in, assuming they're placed properly. You won't get the level 1 artifact quest or Cartographers invitation unless you start a new character, but those are the only things you'll miss.
Ok! It's working, the cartographers invitation starts at lvl 1. Thanks.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

I noticed a bug for JHTG009 quest "Only the Best".
It supposed to spawn an NPC in a tavern, but the NPC never spawns and they're not even in the list of people you can ask about when you arrive at your destination.
I fixed it by removing

Code: Select all

_days_
task where the NPC is spawned, and moving

place npc _gpers_ at _tav_
to

_begin_ task
at the very end. Then the NPC spawns correctly. Fun quest overall though, risky, but you get a very nice item!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You altered the quest to make it easier ;)

The NPC arrives at the tavern after =days_ timer has expired; the person isn't supposed to be there instantly. That's why the journal entry reads:
_questgiver_ of the Thieves Guild
gave me a bag that needs to get to
a person named _gpers_
at _tav_, ___tav_,
after about =days_ days.
=days_ is hard-coded to be between 4 to 6 in-game days. It's long enough to make it a real challenge, but shouldn't be overwhelming... for a master thief :D

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Oh, my bad, it didn't occur to me that I had to survive for couple of days with illnesses. Yeah, I guess that makes much more sense! I just thought that the days timer was used for tracking the expiration as usual.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem; your bug report was great, and I was happy to see you try to fix it on your own :)

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Found some bad grammar in JHIM021 "Of Love and Justice". Somehow I found the github tracker before this thread so I made https://github.com/JayH2971/dfunity-questpacks/issues/7 to report it. Looks like the wrong pronoun is being used ('she' instead of 'her')

In the same quest, the text displayed (1015) and the reward do not seem to match up, I don't know if it's intentional.

The text says:
<ce> Soon he opens up a nearby box and hands you
<ce> a ring, unable to express his thanks in words.

But the reward is a pile of gold coins.