Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

I reported it here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2625

BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

Hi Jay_H,

I have trouble to keep your mod up to date. I have downloaded it on 3rd August as dfunity-questpacks-master.zip (It was not on Nexus back then) and the new archive on Nexus is from 27. August. I wanted to check version numbers but my old archive has another folder structure and no version number. There is a PQP and a Quarantaine folder in addition to the QP1 folder. The Nexus file includes only QP1 but has and additional Misc folder inside. This must be the former Perpetual folder from PQP, right?

Is the Nexus version newer than the files I use or is it just restructured and renamed to Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack 1-2-26-08-2019a-1566868783?

If it's an update can I just delete the old files and use the new with an existing save? Or do I need to start a new game if I update?

Thanks

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

1. The Nexus source is the public one, but my bleeding-edge version is on my github page. That's where you'll always find the most recent version without fail, but Nexus will only lag a few days behind at most. I just updated Nexus right now with my newest version.

2. Quest packs transfer perfectly among saves and DFU versions. You'll never need to restart a character to make them work.

3. If you see "misc" or "quarantine" folders, don't worry about them. They're junk I held onto for awhile and don't need. They won't do any harm or benefit.

4. You can always overwrite all files in the quest packs when upgrading. They're organized in a way that the system knows precisely what elements to use. If old, unneeded files linger in there, the quest system will ignore them.

5. I organize the version number based on the day I uploaded the changes, so 27.08.2019 is more recent than 26.08.2019.

BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

Thanks for your answer. Just made the update.

Gingerbreadman

Unclickable/mute npc in JHTP004, lost and found quest

Post by Gingerbreadman »

Hi!
I am experimenting a bug in the quest "lost and found" from the Quest Pack 1 (ID: JHTP004).
Briefly, the quest require to find an npc in a random dungeon. Once I found the npc, I clicked on it but nothing happened. I tried to "strafe around" even tried various height but the npc seems unclickable/mute: basically, I can't go to the next quest stage.

Here's the last line of the output_log :
Spoiler!
hit='Quest NPC [Barbyrrya Woodford] (UnityEngine.Transform)' static=False

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)
(Barbyrrya is indeed the npc I need to rescue)

Also, my currently activated mod are "Distant terrain", "Real grass", "Mountains and Hills" and "Villager Immersion". I can link my save if requested.

Thanks and keep the good work :)

Jay_H

Re: Unclickable/mute npc in JHTP004, lost and found quest

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

Ah! That was a silly mistake. I never meant to make the NPC visible in the dungeon. If you spend enough time in there, the NPC should approach you on its own timetable.

I'll merge this into the quest pack topic.

Virtuous_Outlander

Post by Virtuous_Outlander »

BUBISHI wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:56 pm There is a PQP and a Quarantaine folder in addition to the QP1 folder. The Nexus file includes only QP1 but has and additional Misc folder inside. This must be the former Perpetual folder from PQP, right?
Jay_H wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 pm 2. Quest packs transfer perfectly among saves and DFU versions. You'll never need to restart a character to make them work.

3. If you see "misc" or "quarantine" folders, don't worry about them. They're junk I held onto for awhile and don't need. They won't do any harm or benefit.

Hello! First of all - thanks for the epic quest packs. Cartographers Guild is truly a grand addition to the game.

This is one of the first mods I acquired for DFU. I've been extracting the same old zip file for each DFU release from the 0.5.x days until the new character I started in 0.10.4 3 weeks ago - Just today I realized that the questpack itself has been updated! So naturally I got the newest version and extracted it.

I'm a bit confused by the above posts. My old questpack has a separate QP1 folder and a PQP folder. The new questpack has a "misc" folder inside the QP1 folder which contains 31 items. These items look redundant with the PQP content (although I see 79 items in the old PQP folder).

1 - Does the most recent version of this mod have a "misc" folder which has superseded the PQP folder? (in other words, did you combine the PQP and QP1 at some point in time?)

2 - If that is the case, should I delete the PQP folder? I'm hesitant to do this because PQP has many more files.

3 - Or do the more recent nexus and github (i checked both) zip files only contain the QP1 content? Maybe you separated the PQP content from the QP1 content and I simply did not see where it is posted separately.

4 - Will I create any problems (such as the same quest initiating 2 times at once) by leaving both the PQP folder and the QP1/JH/Misc folder intact?

Sorry if I'm over-analyzing this! Most of my DFU characters thus far have been just farting around exploring the new features, so I wouldn't have cared if those files got hosed up. I decided 0.10.4 is complete enough for a serious playthrough and now I'm a bit miffed to find an inconsistency in my mod lineup.

Thanks for clarifying and thanks again for the tremendous quality of new content!
Now, my champion - rest well this night. For tomorrow, you sail for the Kingdom of Daggerfall!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

When the quest engine receives the order to start a quest, it goes through a certain order. First it rummages through /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests, and then I believe it goes to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/QuestPacks. If it finds the quest in any subfolder there it uses it first. I'm not sure about what order it would search the subfolders.

If for some reason there were multiple files of the same name, it'll use the one it finds first. This could potentially link you to a version that has some old bug, but the error would stop there; it couldn't create multiple instances of one quest at a time.

I do recommend getting rid of the PQP folder since it has a self-generating system like WA's. I moved all the content I wanted to over to QP1. Therefore, by installing the most recent version of QP1 you'll have the starting artifact quest, the Cartographers, and quests for guilds and commoners. PQP has more files because I needed to make a revolving generator for content, which QP1 doesn't use.

Leave any "Quarantine" and "Misc" folders where they are, and when you change to a new version of DFU, just unzip the new quest pack version as-is rather than transferring it over. That's a one-time cure that will clear up any confusion about what's necessary and what's not.

Virtuous_Outlander

Post by Virtuous_Outlander »

Thanks for the quick reply! I went ahead and deleted the entire old dfunity-questpacks-master folder and replaced with the new one. Time to start a new character anyway!
Now, my champion - rest well this night. For tomorrow, you sail for the Kingdom of Daggerfall!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, the safest method of all :) Welcome to the forums!