Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Helegad

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Helegad » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:06 am

Jay_H wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm
It's going to be a little awkward when you barely enter the dungeon and the guy already cheers up
Nah, it'll be fine, either one or two in-game hours is still a decent amount of time to find and kill most enemies in the dungeon; Privateer's Hold especially, seeing as how everyone has already been there and long time players could probably draw a map from memory!

Helegad

Post by Helegad » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pm

There's a bug in CUSTOM01. If you click on the questgiver after the quest has been started, he will assume you are handing it in empty handed, but nothing happens (the quest remains in your log and you go and kill the necromancer).

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

CUSTOM01 is Interkarma's, not mine ;) https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... STOM01.txt Though it could stand to reason I could upload a fix for it, not sure.
Come join Lysandus' Tomb, a Daggerfall Unity fan Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Helegad wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pm
There's a bug in CUSTOM01. If you click on the questgiver after the quest has been started, he will assume you are handing it in empty handed, but nothing happens (the quest remains in your log and you go and kill the necromancer).
I tested this, and it's intended. Daggerfall had many such fail messages that weren't implemented or were poorly done so. We've restored many of them, and I've implemented a lot in my quests. CUSTOM01's is blunt but in line with the others.
Come join Lysandus' Tomb, a Daggerfall Unity fan Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

Helegad

Post by Helegad » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 pm

The quest doesn't end when you get that dialog though. It's misleading at best.