[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
haloterm

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by haloterm » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi,

I noticed that when I go to Orsinium or Wrothgarian mountains, the landscape is snowy (even in spring and summer), but the grass is green (if it's not winter), which looks a bit odd. Is this because Real Grass 2 is just looking at the season, but not the place?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 pm

I like the desert area coverage!

apprihensivsoul

Post by apprihensivsoul » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 am

What are the odds a low-res version could be made? Or how much work would that take. Partially because of processor requirements, on my end, but also because I prefer the vanilla artstyle, and groundcover would add to it if it matched.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 am

apprihensivsoul wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 am
What are the odds a low-res version could be made? Or how much work would that take. Partially because of processor requirements, on my end, but also because I prefer the vanilla artstyle, and groundcover would add to it if it matched.
retro mode, tryed that?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 pm

apprihensivsoul wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 am
I believe VMblast's textures fits Daggerfall art style, but you can disable them and revert to original textures from Uncanny:

Grass->Realistic: unchecked
Water Plants->Mode: Disabled
Others->Flowers: Disabled
Others->Stones: Disabled

classic_0.png
classic_0.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 396 times
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:34 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 pm
I like the desert area coverage!
Thank you. Version 2.5 is available now on first post.

If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Lava Croft

Post by Lava Croft » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am

Hi, thank you for your work!

Using the 'Tall Grass' preset results in this, which I believe is due to a combination of the 'non-realistic' textures and having the shader use billboards and maybe the type of texture filtering(?):

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Lava Croft wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am
Hi, thank you for your work!

Using the 'Tall Grass' preset results in this, which I believe is due to a combination of the 'non-realistic' textures and having the shader use billboards and maybe the type of texture filtering(?):
This happens because all textures for terrain details are merged into an atlas, which is something i have no control over. I fixed this issue in the past by editing the UV on the grass mesh, but i can't do it for billboards. I'll see if i can work around it by editing textures directly.

Braggi

Post by Braggi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Love this mod.

Maybe its the old-skooler in me, but I actually prefer the billboard mode over the 3-D meshes. Fits better with the look of the trees in-game, since I'm not using any enhancements for them.

Has anyone brought up the idea of trying to do the billboard tree foliage using a similar animation method to your grass? Not sure if its possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Anyways - great work! :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Version 2.5.1 is available with some minor fixes.
Braggi wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Love this mod.

Maybe its the old-skooler in me, but I actually prefer the billboard mode over the 3-D meshes. Fits better with the look of the trees in-game, since I'm not using any enhancements for them.

Has anyone brought up the idea of trying to do the billboard tree foliage using a similar animation method to your grass? Not sure if its possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Anyways - great work! :)
This kind of wind movement look good only for grass. I think it would be a bit weird to see entire trees swinging in the wind; you would expect only leaves to move, not the entire plant as a billboard. ;)