[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by pango »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 pm Should be 0.65, not 65. :lol: Please try to reset settings with the reset button and check again if you get the dot. Does anybody else have this issue on Linux?
Works for me
Real Grass settings.jpg
Real Grass settings.jpg (287.79 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
However I have some exceptions in my Player.log for ages that I'm just thinking is probably related:

Code: Select all

Failed to split values from 0,65,0,65
System.FormatException: Unknown char: ,
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToSingle (System.String value, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToSingle (IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.ModSettings.Key.TrySplit[Single] (System.String input, Int32 count, System.Single[]& items) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Failed to split values from 0.65,0.65
System.FormatException: Unknown char: .
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToSingle (System.String value, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToSingle (IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.ModSettings.Key.TrySplit[Single] (System.String input, Int32 count, System.Single[]& items) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
I'm french so the decimal separator is the comma (,) not dot (.); I suspect some parser or printer should specify English locale to prevent locale dependent behavior, or something like that...
Attachments
Player.log.zip
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

If I temporarily set some American locale,

Code: Select all

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF8
The exceptions disappear but the settings are interpreted all wrong
Real Grass settings en_US.jpg
Real Grass settings en_US.jpg (287.85 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
(don't mind the elongated dots from DaggerFont)

until I reload some preset to get a nice 0.65 0.65
So yeah, smells like locale gremlins.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

pango wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 am
TheLacus wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 pm Should be 0.65, not 65. :lol: Please try to reset settings with the reset button and check again if you get the dot. Does anybody else have this issue on Linux?
I'm french so the decimal separator is the comma (,) not dot (.); I suspect some parser or printer should specify English locale to prevent locale dependent behavior, or something like that...
This may be the reason for me as well -- we use comma instead of dot in Germany, too.

Anyway, it's not a super-critical issue right now (for me at least), as manually entering lower values works.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

My .json file since EVERYONE wants my grass..
You should probably include this in the presets if you can..
Try it out, it looks better, and runs faster that the default...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qaVA- ... 8774KT7UNf
Attachments
grassII.jpg
grassII.jpg (544.54 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
littledragon.jpg
littledragon.jpg (473.61 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 2.4 is released, download on first post.

Midknightprince wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:35 am My .json file since EVERYONE wants my grass..
You should probably include this in the presets if you can..
Try it out, it looks better, and runs faster that the default...
Thank you Midknightprince, i'll try it. I think it look a bit too dense from the screenshot, i personally prefer grass and flowers textures to be more visible :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I forgot to say that the issue with commas has been resolved with build 0.7.65 (March). Tell me if you still find similar issues :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for version update, what is new? Compatibility or something more? Downloading!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:29 pm Thanks for version update, what is new? Compatibility or something more? Downloading!
Adjustments to grass size and density and other minor improvements. There is a changelog in the readme with additional details. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect, thanks a lot!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Released v0.3 of Harvestable Crops. This is still based on billboards, if someone want to make 3d crops we can collaborate to make them harvestable.