[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

This is really nice. Great work! Definitely adds more life to the world. :) Makes me think if there are any good ways to add moths around lighthouses at night, or maybe flies around corpses? Probably not something related to the "grass" mod though. Hmm... inspiration

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm This is really nice. Great work! Definitely adds more life to the world. :) Makes me think if there are any good ways to add moths around lighthouses at night, or maybe flies around corpses? Probably not something related to the "grass" mod though. Hmm... inspiration
I can see a mod that replaces 2d dead enemies with 3d model + flies + blood decal on terrain, that would be great.

I think the easiest way to add a particle system to existing billboard is to actually replace it via automated asset-injection with a gameobject with assigned default billboard as well as custom components. There is an event in ModManager called when an asset is first imported. It can be used to edit (non-cloned reference to) prefab in real-time, useful since imported scripts can't be serialized directly.

The limitation is that this would be seen as a model replacement, and wouldn't make use of models from other mods. But a mod that replaces prefab for dead enemies should probably include other details like particle systems without the need of another mod.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I can see a mod that replaces 2d dead enemies with 3d model + flies + blood decal on terrain, that would be great.
I still hope for diferent 8 sprites for every directions that changes when you rotate corpse :D

Good work on this mod! It cool to see how from basic it become big and compkex addition to daggerfall experience. Looking forward what you add next time

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Crops stopped working as of 2/7/18
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 pm Crops stopped working as of 2/7/18
Works fine here with 2018. Can you provide more details? legacy or 2018?

Midknightprince

In the jungle region (Tonambu), its summer (10th of Midyear), crops version 0.2, Unity version 0.5.369.
Went to Wayrest to, nothing..
I see a new LB, let me go try it ;)

Midknightprince

Yep, same thing, and enhanced sky too it looks like.....
Attachments
crops 0.2.jpg
crops 0.2.jpg (269.1 KiB) Viewed 3358 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey mate, please take a minute to check the release notes, as this is a known issue. Enhanced Sky is also an unrelated mod to Real Grass, and is made by a different person who no longer frequents the forums. :)
Enhanced Sky is probably the main mod known not to work with this new version. You will just see a pink background instead of the sky.
Nystul is working on a replacement update for Enhanced Sky, which you'll find in the appropriate topic. Nystul has posted an in-progress test version you can download from here (bottom post on that page).

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:19 pm Hey mate, please take a minute to check the release notes, as this is a known issue. Enhanced Sky is also an unrelated mod to Real Grass, and is made by a different person who no longer frequents the forums. :)
Enhanced Sky is probably the main mod known not to work with this new version. You will just see a pink background instead of the sky.
Nystul is working on a replacement update for Enhanced Sky, which you'll find in the appropriate topic. Nystul has posted an in-progress test version you can download from here (bottom post on that page).
I was showing him that crops were not working, and the sky just happend to be there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Aren't they being harvested? Note that graphic is unaltered.