Existing a dungeon can kill you by fall damage [RESOLVED]

Uncanny_Valley

Existing a dungeon can kill you by fall damage [RESOLVED]

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

If you exit a dungeon and the player character spawns outside at a lower height (y coordinate) than it had when exiting; you can die from fall damage.

This only happens when exiting dungeons, since other interior locations load at the exact same coordinates as the character had when he/she entered it.

So far, I have only encountered this using my mod Mountains and Hills. Probably since it drastically alters the terrain (both raising and lowering it), thus making it more likely that the terrain will have a lower height than the dungeon interior. I have yet to reproduce this without my mod enabled, so it might be unique to it.

Tested on
Build Version: #116, 29-May, 64-bit, Windows

How to recreate; With the mod Mountains and Hills enabled, load the below save file, and enter The Crypt of Buckingsmith. When exiting, you can die from fall damage. It doesn't happen every time, unless you exit while mid-jump, then it does happens every time.

Save File
SAVE31.zip
(195.26 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Interkarma

Re: Existing a dungeon can kill you by fall damage

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you UV, I'll look at this shortly.

Quick question - besides death from falling damage, is player otherwise placed correctly at ground height?

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Yes, the player is placed correctly at ground height. When exiting the crypt of Buckingsmith, the entrance is slightly elevated with a few steps of stairs, and when the player exits the crypt, they are correctly placed on top of those stairs. However, if the player exits the crypt with enough velocity, it is possibly to gain a slight airtime from those stairs, causing fall damage and death.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you. I should just need to clear fall damage on transition. Will dig into this one soon. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This should be fixed in next builds. I added a ClearFallingDamage() at the end of RepositionPlayer() in StreamingWorld. In theory, this will fix all such cases where player is repositioned somewhere in outside world.

Uncanny_Valley

Re: Existing a dungeon can kill you by fall damage [RESOLVED]

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Thank you. :)