Winx86 #122 Can not load save. [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Spindle

Winx86 #122 Can not load save. [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Post by Spindle »

Hello! there is a problem with downloading the game. If you make a save during the game, then the save file is created but when you try to load it nothing changes, the download does not happen. If you try to load the same save file when you start a new game, then an empty screen with hud appears.
Deleting the ConversationData.txt file also does not help.

R.D.

Re: Winx86 #122 Can not load save.

Post by R.D. »

I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe it's some issue related to your specific system, like folder permissions or something.

Sounds similar to this one https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1066, but that's supposed to be fixed. Since you mentioned deleting ConversationData.txt maybe you already saw that.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

If you could, please zip and attach a copy of your save. I'll take a look at the problem and hopefully find a fix for your save as well. Cheers!

Spindle

Post by Spindle »

Thanks for the answer. Perhaps the problem in the system, since the username is not in Latin, the game at startup showed in Data Path C: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Daggerfall instead of Users ??????
But I created a new account with a Latin font and now the path in the game is displayed correctly,
nevertheless, the persistence is still not loaded.
Also the Users folder and everything in it have a read-only attribute, which is not removed. However, the save to the folder is written and the save icon is displayed in the game but will not load
Attachments
SAVE.zip
(189.83 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The problem here is bad faction data read from a modified FACTION.TXT files. It appears you're using a fan-translated version of the game files, which is not supported by Daggerfall Unity. Check the Translation forum for Daggerfall Unity specific translation efforts.

Here are the steps to fix your save:
  1. Download "DaggerfallGameFiles.zip" from Live Builds page and unzip.
  2. You can either use these game files instead of the modified ones you're using now (recommended) or just overwrite your modified FACTION.TXT with the clean copy from "DaggerfallGameFiles.zip."
  3. In your Daggerfall Unity save game folder, delete FactionData.txt. This is the file causing the problem.
The next time you run Daggerfall Unity, your faction data will be recreated from the clean copy of FACTION.TXT. I just tested this process on my end and was able to load your save successfully.

Good luck! :)

Spindle

Re: Winx86 #122 Can not load save. [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Post by Spindle »

Thanks for helping me! Yes the problem turned out to be a fan translation, I reinstalled the game with English and now everything works well.