Build #133 - Enemies that spawn outside may randomly poof out of existence [DUPLICATE]

BlueBolt

Build #133 - Enemies that spawn outside may randomly poof out of existence [DUPLICATE]

Post by BlueBolt »

So after about 5-10 minutes outside on the fields, sleeping to spawn some enemies near me, I noticed some of them just disappear. At first, I thought they were just using a potion or spell of invisibility, but apparently not, as after they went poof, I can go back to sleep without being prevented by the "There are enemies nearby." message.

My guess is that due to the janky walking/running physics on the hills (especially when on a horse; try running down any hill, you'll see what I mean :P ), the enemies just randomly clip through the floor and so, ends up being far enough away from me so that I can go to sleep again.

Interkarma

Re: Build #133 - Enemies that spawn outside may randomly poof out of existence

Post by Interkarma »

Yeah, they could be falling through the ground. I'll try and reproduce later to check. Thanks for report. :)

It shouldn't be related to the recent issue with moving downhill for player though. That's a very specific gravity hack so player can run down those almost vertical ramps in dungeons without bumping off and falling to their death. The effect while riding horse down certain terrain slopes was unforeseen. Only the player has this little hack in their movement code, enemies just drive around using the standard controller.

pango

Post by pango »

Has this bug been observed since the bugfix for zone changes?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I think you are right that they are the same issue. Should mark this as a duplicate or resolved.