Items disappearing from inventory list [NOT REPRODUCED]

Lautrec of Graymont

Items disappearing from inventory list [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Lautrec of Graymont »

I bought a shirt and a pair of pants from a general store and when I clicked to equip them, both disappeared.

NikitaTheTanner

Re: Items disappearing from inventory list

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

There does seem to be some bug with clothes specifically not showing when equipped, and in my case it also freezes inventory screen (though it can be closed, but still will be frozen when opened again).

If I start a new game, take off the clothes and put them back on - they do equip, but I can't see them on the character. The inventory also freezes, if I move mouse around main camera is moving (whole screen), but no cursor is visible, and the inventory can only be closed with Esc key. Then, if I enter inventory again, it's still stuck. Only if I save and re-load the game, I can actually see the clothes equipped and inventory will work fine, until I try to un-equip and equip the same clothes again.

Now, this issue is specific to clothes and equipping, nothing else triggers it (not armor, weapons, unequipping clothes), but it also doesn't happen 100% of the time with all the clothes, only with some and pretty often. Easiest way to reproduce - start new game and play dress up with your original clothes. I just needed to remind myself what do these old school nudes look like and caught this bug :P

Now, I am at work, so can't send the log, but I'll do it once I get home in the evening.

Interkarma

Re: Items disappearing from inventory list [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Interkarma »

I've just purchased hundreds of items of clothing from a clothing store, and then generated thousands more using "add cloth 1000" several times in a row from console and have not been able to reproduce yet. All items have are visible in inventory and can be equipped.

Problem may be related to another bug where starting items generated by biography could create invalid items that would hang UI.

If you can provide an affected save game, I'd be happy to reopen and investigate further. :)