Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items [RESOLVED]

johnwax

Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items [RESOLVED]

Post by johnwax »

#138 X32 - I have found several magic items that 'when held' cast fortitude. None can be equipped to be 'held'. One, for example, is a glass bottle. Another looks like some sort of ingredient. When you mouse over the ltem they give only the item name and do not include 'of fortitude'. You have to hit the info button to find out

Interkarma

Re: Cannot equip "when held" magic item

Post by Interkarma »

Could you attach a save to quickly reproduce issue? I'll fix ahead of next builds. Cheers. :)

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I've followed the attachment instructions, butI must be doing something wrong. It won't let me attach a subdirectory (Save 2) and the only file within that directory that I can attach is the screenshot. Please tell me what I need to do.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Your best bet is to put the entire save folder into a zip archive and then send it to interkarma@dfworkshop.net.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

I didn't even bother to report this one, as I assumed it was already known. Here's a save with 7 such items that I had squirreled away in my house. They're now in my inventory.
SAVE1019.7z
(258.76 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
I think these are all quest reward items from various guilds. I wish the containers (sacks, etc) could be used to give a direct boost to carrying capacity, instead. Even a temporary spell effect of +50 or +25 would be good.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I finally figured out that I had to zip the save file, and then found you had beat me to it. :cry:

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Sorry! Just trying to make myself useful, which doesn't actually work very often.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm Could you attach a save to quickly reproduce issue? I'll fix ahead of next builds. Cheers. :)
You can also see it in the save I attached for the quest-item that didn't get cleared. That save also has a magical quiver in the inventory that is supposed to do something when held. I had just assumed this was a case of an unimplemented feature rather than a bug.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

jedidia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 am
Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm Could you attach a save to quickly reproduce issue? I'll fix ahead of next builds. Cheers. :)
You can also see it in the save I attached for the quest-item that didn't get cleared. That save also has a magical quiver in the inventory that is supposed to do something when held. I had just assumed this was a case of an unimplemented feature rather than a bug.
That's what I meant when I said I thought this was already known. Doing a bit of research on UESP into classic DF, some of these items, like indulcet, were narcotics in the lore and present in classic DF, particularly used in a quest where you acted as a drug mule. Presumably, you might sometimes get to keep them, and indulcet could carry a Wisdom-when-held enchantment, even though you probably couldn't equip it. I have vague memories of occasionally getting items like that in the classic game.

What seems to be different now is that Fortitude is the default for enchanted items, especially quest reward items from various guilds, and obviously these odd items like drugs are getting picked up (more?) often as quest reward items. I've had so many Fortitude items, whether I could equip them or not, more than I could ever use in one playthrough.

Relevant items I know of are: quaesto vil (looks like a plant), sursum and indulcet (both like wraith essence or lich dust), decanter, large sack, backpack and small chest. The first three are drugs and the others may be intended to be used as drug containers, for all I know. I've yet to get the enchanted quiver.

Interkarma

Re: Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for report. The bug is that "cast when held" enchantments are being assigned to items that cannot be equipped. I believe this bug also exists in classic.

And from what Prester Lewin is saying, the enchantment for quest items seems to be Fortitude without much variability. It seems like both of these issues need to be addressed.