Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item spawned outside of play area [RESOLVED]

jfcaron

Re: The Missing Price Wrong Dungeon

Post by jfcaron »

Thanks Jay_H, any ideas to try to complete the quest, or is the main questline pretty much unfinishable now?

Interkarma

Re: The Missing Price Wrong Dungeon

Post by Interkarma »

I'll take a look at the save and issue a hotfix to help shortly. :)

I'm interested to find out why quest not working now. This is a fairly strait forward place item mechanic. I'll make this one a priority after work today.

Interkarma

Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item spawned outside of play area

Post by Interkarma »

I had a quick look at this. Letter is being spawned correctly in scene by quest, but is not in correct location. This is a fairly recent regression.

The good news is I should be able to fix this so letter is aligned with marker correctly again and you're able to complete quest. I'll try to get a new build out in next 24 hours just to fix this problem. Thank you for your report and save game to quickly reproduce!

letter-out-of-range.jpg
letter-out-of-range.jpg (183.19 KiB) Viewed 1759 times

jfcaron

Re: Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item not spawned

Post by jfcaron »

Cool! I'm glad I reported the bug. Thanks for the quick responses too.

What does the fix entail for me? Install a new DFU build, load the save...then do a debug command? Or maybe leave & re-enter the dungeon to spawn the item?

Interkarma

Re: Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item spawned outside of play area

Post by Interkarma »

Once you have new build, the fix will ideally just place item properly when you load the game and you can "tele2qitem" to grab it.

Worst-case, you might have to exit and re-enter dungeon to grab it. I'll let you know once I work out what's actually failing.

Interkarma

Re: Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item spawned outside of play area

Post by Interkarma »

I have now determined cause of error. The problem is related to how markers are uniquely identified for parenting quest objects inside dungeons.

A workaround has been submitted that fixes problem immediately on load. I'll have new builds available within 24 hours for you. There are some other changes I'd like to push through into next builds as well.

When you load your game after updating builds, you'll just need to use "tele2qitem" and the death certificate will be sitting there waiting for you. I tested completing quest from your save successfully.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just letting you know Build #139 is now available with a fix for this item spawn issue. After you load your game, teleport to quest item using "tele2qitem" and click the death certificate. You can then go to dungeon exit using "tele2exit".

I tested using your attached save and was able to complete quest normally in current build. Good luck!

jfcaron

Re: Build #136 - The Missing Price (Sx001) Quest item spawned outside of play area [RESOLVED]

Post by jfcaron »

Perfect, it works! I'm glad I found a bug and am even able to continue this character.