Build #139/Windows 10: Shop quality text does not appear [RESOLVED]

Narf the Mouse

Build #139/Windows 10: Shop quality text does not appear [RESOLVED]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Pretty much what the title says. Doesn't matter if I have Info or Dialogue selected; opening a shop doesn't display the quality text.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Re: Build #139/Windows 10: Shop quality text does not appear

Post by pango »

Hi,
So it doesn't only happen on Linux now...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

pango wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:36 am Hi,
So it doesn't only happen on Linux now...
Thanks for the link. :) I probably should have done a more thorough search.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Man this pango is like the master of bug reports, I'll just tell you my bugs first, how bout that :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

It would be a shame if I didn't remember my own bug reports ;)
Jokes aside, I checked the existing bug reports several times, so I'm starting to know what kind of problems have already been reported, so each time I can help track duplicates, or issues that could be related, I do so.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

pango wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:39 pm It would be a shame if I didn't remember my own bug reports ;)
Jokes aside, I checked the existing bug reports several times, so I'm starting to know what kind of problems have already been reported, so each time I can help track duplicates, or issues that could be related, I do so.
Props Pango :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:42 pm
pango wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:39 pm It would be a shame if I didn't remember my own bug reports ;)
Props Pango :D
Indeed! Propellers for the Pango!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I can confirm happening in Windows builds now as well. Doesn't happen in editor only in builds, so sounds just like the Linux bug. We can probably combine these two.

I'll dive into it when I can. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've done some investigation of this issue by creating my own builds with debugging. Nothing wrong (or changed) with the code, but in the live builds the mouse click seems to behave differently. The click on the door is creating the message box, and the message box is also seeing the same click and closing itself. Hence it appears like the message box is not appearing at all.

Confirmed this by setting ClickAnywhereToClose=false on the message box before it gets displayed. Then the message box appears and doesn't instantly close.

Not sure whether this is a change to the mouse click handling in DFU or the change to Unity 2018.2.11f1, but I did notice some changes to the behaviour of the mouse cursor a while back so maybe this issue crept in then?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jfcaron

Post by jfcaron »

I don't see the shop quality text on OSX either in build #139.