Build #139: Unable to loot maps from corpses [RESOLVED]

FilthyCasual523

Build #139: Unable to loot maps from corpses [RESOLVED]

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

I was doing a quest on my Dark Brotherhood character, and ran across a trash mob in the dungeon I was sent to that dropped a map. Unfortunately I wasn't able to loot it from the corpse. I could loot everything else, but I could not loot the map.

pango

Re: Most Recent Build: Unable to loot maps from corpses

Post by pango »

Hi FilthyCasual523,
That could be a regression related to the notebook feature, could you attach a gamesave?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Prester Lewin

Re: Most Recent Build: Unable to loot maps from corpses

Post by Prester Lewin »

I've had this too (in a dungeon in the Alik'r). In this save, there is a map I can't get on one of the piles of bones (a ghost I just killed) AND a map in a treasure pile in the same room, which I also can't get. Build is #139, 64 bit.

To be fair, I thought perhaps the Alik'r province may not be fully implemented yet, so that finding dungeon maps as loot may not work yet.
SAVE1262.7z
(326.55 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Hazelnut

Re: Build #139: Unable to loot maps from corpses

Post by Hazelnut »

I will take a look, thanks for the savefile.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

This is an odd one, the code that searches for undiscovered locations in a region thinks that all 344 locations in the Alik'r Desert are undiscovered... yet you're in a dungeon so that should not be the case. Looking at the discovery data from your savefile, you have discovered Alik'ra, and The Baalateusessa Cavern so that should be 2 removed from the list. This looks like a problem with the region data. I will investigate further when I can.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

It's funny you should say that... It's still a problem I get in Alik'r, but I just tried a dungeon in Ykalon and found a map that worked fine, so it could well be region-specific.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Think I found this, the politic index (whatever the hell that is) from the map data is normalised to zero, but the cutoff was > 128 which was a problem for this region with an index of 128. Changed the comparison to >= and it fixed this bug, needs IKs review though as I don't fully understand the consequences.

Interkarma

Re: Build #139: Unable to loot maps from corpses [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy with fix, thank you Hazelnut!