Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Repaired Ebony Dagger is Broken Every Hit, But Unbreakable [UNREPRODUCIBLE]

Magicono43

Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Repaired Ebony Dagger is Broken Every Hit, But Unbreakable [UNREPRODUCIBLE]

Post by Magicono43 »

Found a strange bug after repairing a Worn Ebony Dagger at a non-blacksmith shop. Got the item repaired instantly (no wait time required) for a small fee. This was about level 4, went from Worn to New quality, noticed for a while that it was not reducing in quality, but thought it was just a coincidence.

Doing a dungeon at level 7, hitting enemy with my Dagger, said it broke (even thought it still said it was New), and it was still usable. Now every-time I hit something with the dagger, it gives the top of screen text "Ebony Dagger has broken" which spams up the screen when killing an enemy.

I have had items break from losing their quality, so I know that mechanic works, but it seems that repairing the item may not have worked (or maybe it did, but it bugged out the quality text to stay new indefinitely).

Now I have a broken, but indestructible Ebony Dagger. So this bug is either something to do with the repair system, or possibly something to do with the quality function of items after being repaired. Not sure really, but this is a strange one.

R.D.

Re: Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Repaired Ebony Dagger is Broken Every Hit, But Unbreakable

Post by R.D. »

If you've got one, a save file with that dagger would probably be useful for finding the problem.

Magicono43

Re: Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Repaired Ebony Dagger is Broken Every Hit, But Unbreakable

Post by Magicono43 »

I think I recently just overwritten it unfortunately, I found that repairing the dagger again seemed to have stopped the issue though.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not a thing we can do without the save with the bugged item to look at.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Maybe I will be able to recreate it at some point, i'll make sure to save the save file if it does again.