#139 - Attributes increased by magic items in classic chars become permanent when imported [CLOSED]

johnwax

#139 - Attributes increased by magic items in classic chars become permanent when imported [CLOSED]

Post by johnwax »

#139 X32 - Just imported a warlock from the classic. Had all attributes at 100 by using enchanted items. All but one of the attributes of the imported character are now at 100! Doesn't change if I unequip the enhancing magic item. I'm waiting to see what happens when I go up a level and if it will allow me to apply points over 100.

FYI - two things now work that didn't before. The imported PC retained the ship and contents from the classic PC. Allso, the Guard the Mage quest now has the assassins and you get the reward. Many thanks to whomever fixed the problems!!

Interkarma

Re: #139 - Attributes increased by magic items in classic chars become permanent when imported

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. :)

I've just updated title with problem description for later reference.

johnwax

Re: #139 - Attributes increased by magic items in classic chars become permanent when imported

Post by johnwax »

A little further info - I went back to the classic and unequipped all items enhancing attributes, except three and did a second import. The imported char had only three permanent 100s. Re-equipped the items enchanting attributes and was good to go.

I mentioned in the first post that the ship came through this time. This classic char was my second (I had already imported the first) and she didn't have a ship in the classic game, but her imnported char did!! I think I found out why. I was in the load screen of my first imported char save games when I hit 'classic' to import my second char. It seems my second import grabbed a copy of my first import's ship! A bit wonky I admit,k but interesting.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Sorry, but the import chars/ships problem still needs a bit of clarification.

Import 1 had a ship in classic, but lost it on importation. He bought a new ship in DFU. In one hold he had two piles of items for storage. One was unwanted magic items and the other was books.

I was in the saves load screen fors import 1 when I imported import 2 (I believe this is important).

Import 2 did not have a ship in classic, but arrived in DFU with one. There were two piles of items in the same hold as import 1's ship. The piles were magic items and books. They were duplicates of the magic items and books in import 2's wagon!

Hope this helps.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Due to the way classic applies and removes modifiers directly against live attributes, I do not have a good solution for this one right now. The only solution I can see is to enumerate through equipped item effect and active spells to manually strip back modifiers from attributes. This is possibly quite error prone, and is out of scope at this time.

As a workaround, unequip items and clear active spells before importing character into DFU.

Home ownership (including ship and its contents) is not included with classic save import. Only live character state is being imported. Workaround here is to pick up items before importing character into DFU.