Quest a0c00y11 - sick NPC has wrong/different name [RESOLVED]

Nystul

Re: Quest a0c00y11 - sick NPC has wrong/different name

Post by Nystul »

it does (edit: no it does not you are right) ;)

edit: ah now I get it - wait let me check
this is strange - since dialog link is established before "log 1010 step 0" - the message mentions _cousin and should make it available for dialog

edit2: HAHAHAHA what a dumb quest: it works correctly but it is not obvious:
My log says this:

I tried to find this tavern in the city i got the quest in - but there is no such tavern - actually it is a remote location - as soon as travelling there you can immediately ask about cousin there and get the correct house marked

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Yes that's it, I just re-checked in classic, since the cousin mentions the healer's town, the healer names is immediately available when travelling to the town in question.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

updated my previous post - it is really misleading but I think it works as expected.
It also further strengthens my belief that this is one of the rare cases where tipton's findings are not 100% correct (or only correct for a certain patch) - I mean about the dialog link - I think it always hides all linked resources, not only the single dialog-linked resources

the dialog link to talisman does not make any sense, though

I am always completely confused by some of these quests and have to remember and triple-check all this weird behaviour

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I agree the dialog link does not make sense since the talisman is not mentioned in any of the QRC messages.

But I maintain it is wrongly interpreted in DFU, because if you remove it, the healer correctly appears in the "Ask for Person" topic list, as in classic.

As I said, since the cousin does mention the healer's town, there should be no need to ask for the healer in the "Tell me about"' part of the dialogue interface. To be honest if I, as an experienced DF player, was confused about that, you can be sure many others will be...

I've attached a classic save where the quest just started, player is standing in front of the quest giver. You can check by yourself that without using "Tell me about" at any moment, you can ask for the healer's building once you're in her/his town. Which is quite logical since the cousin did mention the town.
SAVE3.7z
(37.79 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

will take a look at this (edit: works as intended)

but what do you mean with
As I said, since the cousin does mention the healer's town, there should be no need to ask for the healer in the "Tell me about"' part of the dialogue interface. To be honest if I, as an experienced DF player, was confused about that, you can be sure many others will be...
the cousin mentions the healers name - so you don't need to ask about him/her, this is correct (this works in dfunity I think - I will check - update: working as intended in dfunity)
So yes the quest is not that hard then
there should be no need to ask for the healer in the "Tell me about"' part of the dialogue interface
there is no need, but you can solve the quest faster, here are the two different ways to solve the quest I know of:
  • go to cousin, talk to him, get info about healer, goto healer, get talisman, go to healer and give him/her talisman
  • ask about the cousin, get - by chance - the info about the healer, goto healer, get talisman, goto cousin, talk to cousin (will ask to find healer), since you already found healer, click again and finish quest by handing over talisman (so you saved one travel)

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Nystul wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:58 am [*] go to cousin, talk to him, get info about healer, goto healer, get talisman, go to healer and give him/her talisman
That's this part which is not working as intented. After talking to the cousin, travel to the healer's town. Ask a local NPC:

- In Classic, healer is listed in "Where is People".
- In DFU, he is not, and there is no hint suggesting he might be in an alchemist store (at least for a newbie, all DF veterans will travel directly to the single alchemist store of the town).

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Ferital wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:15 pm That's this part which is not working as intented. After talking to the cousin, travel to the healer's town. Ask a local NPC:

- In Classic, healer is listed in "Where is People".
- In DFU, he is not, and there is no hint suggesting he might be in an alchemist store (at least for a newbie, all DF veterans will travel directly to the single alchemist store of the town).
It is working without any problems for me - strange

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Ferital wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am I've attached a classic save where the quest just started, player is standing in front of the quest giver. You can check by yourself that without using "Tell me about" at any moment, you can ask for the healer's building once you're in her/his town. Which is quite logical since the cousin did mention the town.
you are mixing up two different things here:

(1)
the town and the cousins name was given by the quest giver.
Why should you know the building when only the town was given.

(2)
You say
since the cousin did mention the town
when talking to the cousin he gives this answer

Code: Select all

<ce>              I feel so weak. I don't know what is wrong
<ce>                with me.  My cousin, _giver_ sent you to
<ce>               help me?  Oh, thank you, thank you! I have
<ce>                 just heard of a healer named _healer_
<ce>                     in ___healer_ who may be able
<ce>                to help me.  Please go to %g2, and bring
<ce>                  me the cure, before it is too late!
Here he clearly gives the healers name, that's why it is revealed in classic!

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Weird... For info, I'm using last master revision, with no mods.

Here is a screen of what I'm getting:
Bug A0C00Y11.PNG
Bug A0C00Y11.PNG (177.03 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Here is the savegame I used to test:
SAVE12.7z
(136.1 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by Ferital on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Nystul wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Ferital wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am I've attached a classic save where the quest just started, player is standing in front of the quest giver. You can check by yourself that without using "Tell me about" at any moment, you can ask for the healer's building once you're in her/his town. Which is quite logical since the cousin did mention the town.
no this is not logical at all imho :/
Why should you know the building when only the town was given. Sry I disagree completely.

You say
since the cousin did mention the town
when talking to the cousin he gives this answer

Code: Select all

<ce>              I feel so weak. I don't know what is wrong
<ce>                with me.  My cousin, _giver_ sent you to
<ce>               help me?  Oh, thank you, thank you! I have
<ce>                 just heard of a healer named _healer_
<ce>                     in ___healer_ who may be able
<ce>                to help me.  Please go to %g2, and bring
<ce>                  me the cure, before it is too late!
Here he clearly gives the healers name, that's why it is revealed in classic!
He also gives the town, _healer_ is the variable holding the healer's name, while ___healer_ is the town where she/he is located.

I think you don't understand what I'm saying so I'll try to explain it in a simpler way.

1. Got the quest
2. Travelled to cousin => cousin mentions healer and town
3. Travelled to healer's town
4. Wanted to ask for healer to any local NPC

Then problem:
=> In Classic, got the name mentioned under "Where is people", got the store location on map
=> In DFU, healer is not listed under "Where is people" as she/he should be

You're saying you couldn't reproduce the issue, but I'm reproducing it everytime I'm testing the quest... Could someone else check?
Last edited by Ferital on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.