Knights of the dragon armor reward "Gallant" rank [CLOSED]

Jay_H

Re: Knights of the dragon armor reward "Gallant" rank

Post by Jay_H »

Interesting! I didn't know the current implementation came from UESP and Chronicles :) Though it isn't classic, I can see advantages in it: In classic, a player who gets a useless armor piece will either just throw it out or save scum for something better. This approach is certainly more utilitarian.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Right, this is another one of those situations where diverging a bit from classic is an improvement in my opinion. Give me the choice!

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Interesting! I didn't know the current implementation came from UESP and Chronicles :) Though it isn't classic, I can see advantages in it: In classic, a player who gets a useless armor piece will either just throw it out or save scum for something better. This approach is certainly more utilitarian.
Yes, you can save scum the result you want, just like levelup bonuses and chance spells. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, just playing devil's advocate. I also wanted to clarify how classic did it because some earlier posters seemed confused, so I tested it.

UESP doesn't say anything beyond "you get a random piece", I wonder what Hazel means there...

Also keep in mind that if you do it this way, the message window needs fixed. The trade window kind of fires on its own which doesn't give you any time to read the message window.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's from the Chronicles and if it differs from classic then that's another thing that was not implemented before they ran out of time. See page 98, under Gallant rank it says "Pick 3 to 6 random pieces, all of the same metal"
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods