win_64 0.7.91 A0C00Y07 Extermination quest [RESOLVED]

Interkarma

Re: win_64 0.7.91 A0C00Y07 Extermination quest [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

jayhova wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:07 pm There is always the possibility the quest would have functioned differently if the quest system in classic did not interpret the quests as the DFU.
On the UESP Talk page for A0C00Y07, a couple of people are discussing the issue of monsters spawning outside of the house after leaving. And if you test the quest in classic, you'll find the bad victory check in there too. It really is just a horribly written quest. Fortunately, we have folks like Jay in the community to help fix these quests for us in DFU. :)

This conversation reminds me of a similar issue with M0B00Y16 "Giant Killing", which likewise lacked any checks to prevent giant waves spawning once player exited dungeon. I had droves of people across reddit, email, and forums reporting this as a bug in DFU - and several of them insisted it never happened in classic. I put aside an hour just to test the quest in classic, and yep - those giants spawn outside the dungeon in classic too (screenshot).

Memory isn't just subjective. Memory is the enemy and each day is a siege. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Seeing those giants outside... would be a very fresh quest.. go to this or that small city/settlement. Its haunted by *pack of monsters - clean them.

That would change the classic *get in the house to kill XYZ

Maybe wait till midnight for werewolfs or vampires to attack the city etc..

Something completely new!!

Just a idea

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 pm Seeing those giants outside... would be a very fresh quest.. go to this or that small city/settlement. Its haunted by *pack of monsters - clean them.
I've got a few of those :) JHKN002, JHKN004, JHKN017, JHKN027, JHFG005, JHFG010, JHFG014, and JHFGB05 send you to fight monsters on streets or in rural settings.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome, I keep the real gameplay for laters to enjoy.
Looking fwd playing your quests.ty!

Teralitha

0.8.6 Win10 The Exterminator Quest ID:a0c00y07 Keeps Spawning Creatures After Quest Is Completed.

Post by Teralitha »

I finished this quest, got the reward. Now the same creatures from the quest(Rats) keeps appearing to attack me everywhere I go. Indoors and outdoors in the town where I did the quest.

1. I entered the building
2. I loitered to get them to spawn. Several times until they stopped spawning. There was no message telling me the quest was complete, I just assumed it was since no more spawning.
3. While I was loitering, I had saved the game to afk and reloaded it later. I read somewhere that suggested this might cause the quest to bug.
4. I went back to the quest giver and got rewarded.
5. A short while later I started having rats appear by me and attack in various places, inside buildings and in the town streets.
6. Spawning seems to have stopped after leaving town.
7. OH NO IT DID NOT. I had left town and came back. Nothing happened for awhile so i thought it was fixed but then...another rat appeared and attacked me.. so, save game incoming...

http://www.filedropper.com/save0_1

Interkarma

Re: 0.8.6 Win10 The Exterminator Quest ID:a0c00y07 Keeps Spawning Creatures After Quest Is Completed.

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. I believe this one is a fault in the classic logic that Jay has resolved in his upcoming classic quest fixes (to become part of 0.9).

Jay, can you confirm this one please? I'm not in front of my PC for several more hours. :)

Jay_H

Re: 0.8.6 Win10 The Exterminator Quest ID:a0c00y07 Keeps Spawning Creatures After Quest Is Completed.

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, it's the same problem as this topic. The fix is in the merged pull request.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Yeah sorry, I only started this topic because "that" topic says its resolved. Since the fix is not actually in the game... its not technically resolved.