Dev build/Linux: "Joining guild Region not implemented" [RESOLVED]

pango

Dev build/Linux: "Joining guild Region not implemented" [RESOLVED]

Post by pango »

In a random House for sale in Gysillirea, Sentinel I found some guild (the guy offers "Spymaster" service, so I assume it's some kind of thieves guild) that I can't join: "Joining guild Region not implemented"
Attachments
SAVE234.zip
(332.29 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Re: Dev build/Linux: "Joining guild Region not implemented"

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks, this one is my dept and I will take a look.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

There are some NPCs marked as TG spymasters in various houses, I had suppressed ones in House2 buildings already. I've changed this so all misplaced spymaster NPCs now have special case handling so they act just like regular NPCs instead of just making them disappear. Basically the same as I did for holy order NPCs that are not in a temple. (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1238)

I also fixed it so the responses are now general ones for spymasters, left it alone for the priests since they already use a parent faction with no guild group.

Additionally the guild responses were getting random messages using strings when the msgs being used have formatting tags, so I fixed that too.

Many rabbit holes were explored over the past 5 hours :shock: and there's me thinking this was going to be a very quick fix.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Good work. A few months back, I started to write a program using DFU API to parse BLOCKS.BSA and detect all NPCs with incorrect Faction Id, like Thaik, The Crow, Lord Kilbar, Br'itsa or the so-called Glenmoril warlock. Actually, there is quite an amount of these.

My next goal will be to patch BLOCKS.BSA at runtime using the same process put in place for patching UV coordinates from ARCH3D.BSA. So in the end, your tweak might be removed.