Dev build/Linux: shop open on Sun's Rest [RESOLVED]

pango

Dev build/Linux: shop open on Sun's Rest [RESOLVED]

Post by pango »

Arriving in a small town, I got greeted by Sun's Rest announcement
You will have to wait until tomorrow if you are planning on making any equipment purchases, for all stores are closed in observance of Sun's Rest. Of course, the temples, taverns, and Mages Guild in the (city type) are still open their regular hours, but most citizens chose to devote this day to relaxation, not commerce or prayer. This is not a convenient arrangement for all, but the Merchants' Guild heavily fines any shop that stays open, so everyone complies.
The town only has a single general store, but sure enough you can enter the shop at will...
Attachments
SAVE251.zip
(366.71 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

R.D.

Re: Dev build/Linux: shop open on Sun's Rest

Post by R.D. »

I think this one is probably not implemented in classic. A lot of the holidays are carried over from Arena, and in Arena, there were only 4 types of buildings where you could buy things.

- Equipment store (weapons, armor)
- Mages Guild (spells, potions, magic items)
- Temple (blessings, healing)
- Taverns (drinks, food, rooms)

Depending on the holiday, they could have discounts, be closed, etc. You can see from the message that it says that temples, taverns, and Mages Guilds are open, while equipment stores are closed.

If we implemented it for Daggerfall, we'd have to decide what "equipment stores" are.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

"You will have to wait until tomorrow if you are planning on making any equipment purchases, for all stores are closed"

So, all stores.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Oh, right. i was thinking in terms of Arena where probably on that holiday the "equipment stores" (armor and weapons) are closed, but the message says "all stores" so that would probably be the way to go to implement it in Daggerfall.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Guilds and taverns aren't stores just because they sell things. A store is a building dedicated to selling merchandise. Store = orange.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

"All stores" should logically exclude taverns, temples, and guilds.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Submitting a fix for this, and some other holiday effects.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods