Linux x64 0.7.146 Casting Identify spell while in a dungeon freezes the UI [RESOLVED]

dMike

Linux x64 0.7.146 Casting Identify spell while in a dungeon freezes the UI [RESOLVED]

Post by dMike »

If I cast an identify spell while in a dungeon the UI will freeze up after a couple of seconds of the identify window opening up and I'd be forced to quit/kill the game. This happens with 0.7.146 - 0.7.126(?) - 0.7.120 with or without mods. The game does keep running (1-5 fps) behind the identify UI but doesn't respond to input.

It works fine if you step outside the dungeon though.
In the player log there is a lot of these messages:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTradeWindow.SelectWagon (Bool
ean show) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTradeWindow.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallPopupWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallInventoryWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTradeWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)
Maybe because the wagon isn't available?
Attaching a save just at a dungeon entrance.
Attachments
Dont cast Identify(1) in dungeon.zip
(469.29 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Interkarma

Re: Linux x64 0.7.146 Casting Identify spell while in a dungeon freezes the UI

Post by Interkarma »

Perfect report, thank you. :)

I've just pushed a fix for this one now, it will be in next round of builds.