v 0.7.146 climbing bug [DUPLICATE]

ACNAero

v 0.7.146 climbing bug [DUPLICATE]

Post by ACNAero »

This has been a bug I've noticed for a while and did't see a prior report on it when searching.

Sometimes when climbing (both with vanilla and advanced) up a building with an angled roof, if you reach the peak of the roof without having stopped your movement, you'll teleport hundreds of feet into the air and fall to your death. Advanced climbing also has the added bug that releasing the forwards movement key is not enough to stop moving once I reach the roof, it'll auto move me unless I jump.

When I wasn't testing, the teleport bug would happen without fail, but when I was quicky testing it for this report, I stopped teleporting when reaching the roof peak. I'm not sure what I did differently beyond loading a save game after falling to my death all the way instead of leaving the game like before.

Interkarma

Re: v 0.7.146 climbing bug

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the feedback. Please review the bug report guidelines for some tips around making great reports.
Summarise the problem in topic title. Just saying "bugged" or "broken" is not a helpful summary. Reports that do not have a good summary in topic title will be moved out of bug reports.
This report also appears to be a duplicate of sent into sky using roof edges. I'll close this one as a duplicate.