[WIN10 x64 0.8.2] I did a quest for the fighter's guild, returned, NPCs in guild were missing until I saved and [CLOSED]

anotak

[WIN10 x64 0.8.2] I did a quest for the fighter's guild, returned, NPCs in guild were missing until I saved and [CLOSED]

Post by anotak »

No mods I don't think?

I received a quest from the fighter's guild in daggerfall city to go kill a giant in some dungeon. I went and killed the giant. I then returned to the fighter's guild and all the NPCs were missing. I saved the game while standing in the fighter's guild, then closed df unity, then opened it and loaded the game and the npcs were there again.

Interkarma

Re: [WIN10 x64 0.8.2] I did a quest for the fighter's guild, returned, NPCs in guild were missing until I saved and relo

Post by Interkarma »

Guild NPCs regularly disappear outside of opening hours. In the current version of DFU (0.8.2) the building will remain unlocked because it's involved in a quest. As this causes some confusion, I've changed this auto unlock behaviour to only apply to quest residences.

I'd say the issue here is very unlikely to be a bug and you simply entered the building outside of normal operating hours (e.g. before 11am). Even if opening hours begin while inside, you need to exit and re-enter the guild before NPCs will spawn. Save and exit will have the same effect.

anotak

Re: [WIN10 x64 0.8.2] I did a quest for the fighter's guild, returned, NPCs in guild were missing until I saved and [CLO

Post by anotak »

Ahhh thanks.
I must've forgotten NPCs disappear, the last time I played daggerfall was 3-4 years ago.

theJF

Re: [WIN10 x64 0.8.2] I did a quest for the fighter's guild, returned, NPCs in guild were missing until I saved and [CLO

Post by theJF »

Anotak? Are you the developer of DoomBuilderX?

theJF

Post by theJF »

I won't derail this thread any more than this: DBX is great (and thanks for it!).

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm not a stickler for thread derails or resurrections, but don't forget there are PMs :) If you feel bad about posting in an unrelated thread you can always contact one another directly.