[NYSTUL]0.8.6: Some inns/stores don't show up in "Where Is" [CLOSED]

BansheeXYZ

[NYSTUL]0.8.6: Some inns/stores don't show up in "Where Is" [CLOSED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

This bug exists in classic, too. DFU has inherited it somehow. If two stores start with similar words, one of them fails to appear in "Where Is" conversation lists. Using Aldingwall bookstores as an example, there is a store named "The Emperor's Bookstall" and a store named "The Emperor's Bookroom". Since they both start with "The Emperor's", this is tripping up the code used to get and display the list, so the bookroom doesn't show up at all:
bookstall1.png
bookstall1.png (48.03 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
I have attached saves of both classic and dfu right outside the undiscovered The Emperor's Bookroom.
classicSAVE4.zip
(46.73 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
dfuSAVE7.zip
(149.23 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
It wouldn't hurt to output these lists alphabetically either.

Interkarma

Re: [NYSTUL]0.8.6: Some inns/stores don't show up in "Where Is"

Post by Interkarma »

I seem to remember this one from a while back, and thought it had been resolved. I'll tag for Nystul to get the ball rolling.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

This is no bug
BansheeXYZ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 am This bug exists in classic, too. DFU has inherited it somehow. If two stores start with similar words, one of them fails to appear in "Where Is" conversation lists. Using Aldingwall bookstores as an example, there is a store named "The Emperor's Bookstall" and a store named "The Emperor's Bookroom". Since they both start with "The Emperor's", this is tripping up the code used to get and display the list, so the bookroom doesn't show up at all
this is not true

The Emperor's Bookroom is a library and therefore listed under Libraries.

even if the name is exactly the same (e.g. in Aldingwall in Where Is -> Banks - you will see 3 times "The Bank of Daggerfall" since there are 3 buildings with that name)
BansheeXYZ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 am It wouldn't hurt to output these lists alphabetically either.
I agree

@Interkarma: can be moved to resolved

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, Nystul. I appreciate the time and clear response.

BansheeXYZ

Re: [NYSTUL]0.8.6: Some inns/stores don't show up in "Where Is" [CLOSED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Woops, false alarm.
I seem to remember this one from a while back, and thought it had been resolved.
That's what confused me I think. I couldn't find the thread but I finally did.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1323

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nystul wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 am
BansheeXYZ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 am It wouldn't hurt to output these lists alphabetically either.
I agree

@Interkarma: can be moved to resolved
Just confirming: was this change actually implemented (i.e. lists will now output alphabetically)? I also agree it would be a nice change.