0.8.6: Killing blows from guards can send you to court [CLOSED]

BansheeXYZ

0.8.6: Killing blows from guards can send you to court [CLOSED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

For some reason recent changes have made it so that your character can be sent to court after getting "killed" by guards. I don't know what triggers it, but it happens almost always indoors. Outdoors, it happens pretty reliably if you run away a bit after saying "no" and then come back and get hit to 0hp. Also, half the time I trigger it outdoors, I'm not arrested for murder (which is what I did), but criminal conspiracy according to the courtroom charge.

Interkarma

Re: 0.8.6: Killing blows from guards can send you to court

Post by Interkarma »

This has always been the case, and as far as I know it's intentional as part of Allofich's implementation. You aren't being killed so much as being "convinced" to surrender. :)

Like classic Daggerfall, the most recent crime committed is the one you get arrested for. For example, if you murder someone then commit pickpocketing while guards are chasing you, you only go down for the pickpocketing. Criminal conspiracy is when you have a low regional rep and the watch just wants you out of town. You'll get thrown in the lockup for a night or two then deposited outside the town. Most likely that charge overwrote the murder charge before they beat you into submission.