0.10.2 - "Spinning coins" animation on loot [RESOLVED]

pango

0.10.2 - "Spinning coins" animation on loot [RESOLVED]

Post by pango »

Just noticed this bug while watching "Mad Genius #2" by @Vondur (actually noticed it while watching later videos, but I think I pinpointed the issue to this episode): when opening the inventory, the "remove items" always have the "spinning coins" animation... Even quest reward gold!
I didn't manage to reproduce the issue though, with either 0.10.2 or dev build.
Abstract of the situation, from what I've seen (I noted anything related to inventory/trade windows or global game state, some may be irrrelevant):
  • the character is fresh out of Privateer's Hold, so has no wagon, or pretty much anything actually;
  • in a general store of Gothway Garden, he tries to sell items, but reconsiders (CLEAR button);
  • he sells an item;
  • he checks several shelves;
  • he tries to steal a book for a shelf, and fails;
  • he opens his inventory in town (since there's no remote items it's hard to tell if the bug is already active);
  • he checks private property in a tavern; spinning coins animation, which seems shouldn't be there;
  • saves:
  • dies, reloads:
  • dies, reloads:
  • quest reward gold with spinning coins animation
Sadly I don't have more precise informations at this point :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Re: "Spinning coins" animation on loot (0.10.2)

Post by Hazelnut »

Spinning effect is only used in the inventory window if stealing, so is correct for private property. The inventory window is a persistent object and it's possible the animation handler is not being unassigned, I'll take a look.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's not correct for private property. When I moved the anim from trade window to inventory for shelf stealing, I forgot that inventory is persistent window so it was being set the first time and then sticks until DFU is restarted. Have submitted a fix PR for this. Thanks Pango!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I thought the spinning coins was a "for sale" indicator. Why would money appear on something that wasn't for sale? Private property containers get a warning prompt.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes, but if you steal in a shop the coins are there to indicate they are for sale even though there's no buy button - try it in classic.