0.10.8 - Identify window constructor exception in UIFactory [RESOLVED]

siteseer

0.10.8 - Identify window constructor exception in UIFactory [RESOLVED]

Post by siteseer »

just upgraded to 0.10.8 tonight. picked up a magic item and when i tried to identify it using the spell. the casting animation stops mid-cast, the player inventory doesn't open, and the game continues leaving the hands frozen on the screen. movement is still possible but no combat or interaction. loading a prior save doesn't fix it. only an exit and restart returns the game to normal. could be more but didn't have time to go deep looking for more details. mage guild identify service still works as normal.

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.8 - Identify window constructor exception in UIFactory

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. The UI window in this case is throwing an exception. Possibly just something missed during UIFactory implementation. Exception follows:

Code: Select all

MissingMethodException: No constructor found for DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTradeWindow::.ctor(DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceManager, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.MagicEffects.Identify, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTradeWindow+WindowModes, (unknown))
System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:319)
System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:268)
System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:263)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.UIWindowFactory.GetInstance (UIWindowType windowType, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/UIWindowFactory.cs:140)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.UIWindowFactory.GetInstanceWithArgs (UIWindowType windowType, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/UIWindowFactory.cs:132)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.MagicEffects.Identify.Start (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager manager, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntityBehaviour caster) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/MagicAndEffects/Effects/Thaumaturgy/Identify.cs:47)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.AssignBundle (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectBundle sourceBundle, AssignBundleFlags flags) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/MagicAndEffects/EntityEffectManager.cs:502)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.PlayerSpellCasting_OnReleaseFrame () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/MagicAndEffects/EntityEffectManager.cs:1855)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.FPSSpellCasting.RaiseOnReleaseFrameEvent () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/FPSSpellCasting.cs:327)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.FPSSpellCasting+<AnimateSpellCast>
I'll move this to bug reports. Hazelnut might want to take first swipe, but I'm happy to assist anytime needed.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I noticed this too, but it seems to be only the spell that's causing it. Identifying an Item in the Mages Guild works as intended though.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Whoops, looks like I messed up or missed one of the UI window construction lines there. Will get it fixed later today.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods