0.10.8 - StackOverflowException log spam [RESOLVED 0.10.15]

Jammer

0.10.8 - StackOverflowException log spam [RESOLVED 0.10.15]

Post by Jammer »

I was playing for about an hour and my game started acting weird. First wild creatures were spawning in my tavern room and in town when I loitered. Then I noticed it wouldn't let me save (I clicked save and the game paused for a moment, but no 'Game Saved' message showed up).

When I quit I noticed my system partition was out of disk space and the DFU output_log.txt was 6GB. It seems to be mostly filled with this type of spam, here is the section where it first starts:

Code: Select all

DFTFU 1.8.6: Time to update location 29: 176ms

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallHUD

fast travel interrupted

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 7)

Unloading 1734 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13445.
Total: 205.271913 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.747999 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.611857 ms MarkObjects: 200.665012 ms  DeleteObjects: 2.246280 ms)

top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTransportWindow

top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallHUD

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 7)

Unloading 88 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13627.
Total: 203.623340 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.643983 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.499045 ms MarkObjects: 201.268838 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.210325 ms)

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS/OnEnterLocationRectEventHandler:invoke_void__this___DFLocation (DaggerfallConnect.DFLocation)
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS/OnEnterLocationRectEventHandler:invoke_void__this___DFLocation (DaggerfallConnect.DFLocation)
about 22 pages of that, then about 10 pages of normal output before more spam.

Interkarma

Re: StackOverflowException log spam (0.10.8 Windows)

Post by Interkarma »

That snip of log output doesn't show any errors as such. Could you please start a fresh log, let it run for a few minutes, then zip the whole thing up for me. It's text, so it will compress quite small.

If the zip is below 2MB, you can attach here. Otherwise, share with filedropper or someting similar. Cheers. :)

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Played for about 5-10 minutes and it didn't happen again.

I attached a zip with first 10000 lines of the original output_log, and the fresh output_log (2) after playing 5-10 minutes.
Attachments
dfu-output_logs.zip
(32.85 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks! I wonder what's causing this, haven't seen it before. I'll move to bug reports for further investigation.

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Happened again on 0.10.10. Windows 7 btw.

Modlist:

- Distant Terrain
- Enhanced Sky
- Realtime Reflections
- VillagerImmersionOverhaul
- Persistent Dungeons
- TediousTravel

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've managed to identify and mitigate this problem so the stack overflow error does not spam logs endlessly. Now working on a solution for the most common cause of that stack overflow error in the first place.