[RESOLVED 0.10.19] 0.10.17 - Lantern on chain not defined as light source

Ralzar

[RESOLVED 0.10.19] 0.10.17 - Lantern on chain not defined as light source

Post by Ralzar »

See barely visible lantern in the middle of the picture below. Shouldn't this produce light?
lantern.png
lantern.png (139.64 KiB) Viewed 1400 times

Interkarma

Re: (Bug?)Lantern on chain not defined as light source

Post by Interkarma »

A save would be most helpful as we can inspect world state on that game object. It's likely the asset placed there isn't from TEXTURE.210 or one of the other recognised emissive flat indices, but it's hard to say for sure without being able to inspect the object from a save.

For the light source itself, Daggerfall's RDB game data places flats and lights independently, and it's not uncommon for a light source to not have a light directly attached. Often a single light source is placed in between both flats as an optimisation. If the original designer forgot to place a light source in classic, it won't show up in DFU either as we use the same data.

pango

Post by pango »

Also, is Improved Lighting mod used? It could be the exact same problem as with the statue.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Damn, don't think I have a save for it. But it's in the big dungeon room with a bridge at the top with a floating part that you can manipulate with two levers.
The same bridge there's been another discussion about because of the lootpile that's on top of the floating part that doesn't move with it. The lantern is obviously placed there specifically to light up that loot pile.

Edit: and looking at my picture on another screen now I realize I have to increase my lighting settings before taking screenshots :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

These lanterns on a chain are also found in TEXTURE.101 (temp E3 lights), which isn't currently considered for emission. If flat is one of those, it would appear dark in current builds. Will need to confirm from a live game at some point, but it's probably that (or another lantern texture stashed away elsewhere than .210 or .101).

I'll move to bug reports so I don't lose track of it.

pango

Re: 0.10.17 - Lantern on chain not defined as light source

Post by pango »

It was archive 200
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (66.96 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
I submitted a PR
Attachments
SAVE541.zip
(170.94 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart