Vengeance 78 - Town Billboard Alignment (Modded)

Interkarma

Vengeance 78 - Town Billboard Alignment (Modded)

Post by Interkarma »

This was originally reported by Midknightprince in the screenshot thread. This apparently only happens with terrain flats texture replacement (does not happen unmodded). Not sure if a problem with new flats data or how they're being injected. Screenshot and save atttached for review.

TheLacus, you're the most knowledgeable around texture injection. Is this something you might be able to reproduce and look into?
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (114.58 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Full text from Midknightprince's email is:
Hope this helps
I have realgrass 2.0
handpainted 1.39
texture pack 2.0
realtime reflections 2.1.0
loading screen 1.5
enhanced sky 2.0.5
birds in daggerfall 1.0.1
all active
it only does it when the terrain flats from the texture pack 2.0 are in, just to be clear.
Classic flats work fine...
Attachments
SAVE18.zip
(127.19 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

TheLacus

Re: Vengeance 78 - Town Billboard Alignment (Modded)

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince can you confirm this only happens in towns and not in streamingworld (the free world without buildings)?

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

TheLacus wrote:Midknightprince can you confirm this only happens in towns and not in streamingworld (the free world without buildings)?
Kinda, it only seems to work semi correctly in LOCATIONS where the new flats from pack 2.0 and previous are present (still no shadows at locations, but they do draw in the wilderness).
In the wilderness it works fine even if there are, or aren't new flats (shadows included).
But at locations (any and all) where they are NOT present, and in winter (where they are), there is a few things floating (especially if theres no new flats for that location), and that's all locations, not just town.
So I can kinda confirm that, but like I said, no shadows for the new flats in town period (no big deal).
It's not the mods, doing a fresh install with a new guy changes nothing.
I even deleted, reinstalled (LocalLow as well), started a new guy with ONLY the new texture pack in, same results..
Hope this helps :)
Attachments
All towns where no new flats are present.
All towns where no new flats are present.
Desktop Screenshot 2017.09.13 - 10.35.19.39.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 3528 times
All towns in winter
All towns in winter
Desktop Screenshot 2017.09.12 - 13.19.43.81.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 3528 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I can reproduce this issue with the current build but not with the latest code (either with Atlas texture enabled or disabled in MaterialReader).

I'm pretty sure there was some kind of mismatch in the way billboard mesh and material were assigned when custom textures are provided, due to the presence of some checks i forgot to remove before the build was released. In short there was an oversight in one of my PR but it should be fixed at this point.

Midknightprince

TheLacus wrote:I can reproduce this issue with the current build but not with the latest code (either with Atlas texture enabled or disabled in MaterialReader).

I'm pretty sure there was some kind of mismatch in the way billboard mesh and material were assigned when custom textures are provided, due to the presence of some checks i forgot to remove before the build was released. In short there was an oversight in one of my PR but it should be fixed at this point.
Thank you for checking on this.
They are some pretty hand painted sprites, and people like seeing these things.

I will be waiting for the next built to drop, and I will playtest this stuff so you don't have to.

I kinda feel bad because Interkarma jumped in and tried to help out (waisting time, and effort).
Next time, I'll bring it to you as I undertand the mods are your area, up to a certain point.

Cheers, and thanks for the good news. :)

username

Post by username »

Probably doesn't matter by this point, but here it is anyway, this is with no mods apart from the obvious enhanced sky and distant terrain:

Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That one is a similar but unrelated issue. This bush is misaligned in the game data and also floats in classic if you go to the same farm location carrying this block.

username

Post by username »

Interkarma wrote:That one is a similar but unrelated issue. This bush is misaligned in the game data and also floats in classic if you go to the same farm location carrying this block.
Oh sorry, I just didn't expect it to be this offset in classic...
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Midknightprince

username wrote:
What location is this ?
I have never seen it with manowar flats not in, i'd like to verify Channel1 ;) .

Just an FYI, people absolutely love what you're doing here Gav, THEY LOVE IT.
I wish i could give you a hug, because you know absolutely EVERYTHING.
Thank you for making me love Daggerfall again :D ((HUGS))

username

Post by username »

Midknightprince wrote:
username wrote:
What location is this ?
I have never seen it with manowar flats not in, i'd like to verify Channel1 ;) .

Just an FYI, people absolutely love what you're doing here Gav, THEY LOVE IT.
I wish i could give you a hug, because you know absolutely EVERYTHING.
Thank you for making me love Daggerfall again :D ((HUGS))
It's an orchard somewhere, can't remember the exact location, it's one of the ones with a three story building.