0.8.6: not able to get Q0C00Y08 from covens [RESOLVED]

BansheeXYZ

0.8.6: not able to get Q0C00Y08 from covens [RESOLVED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

UESP says that a bug prevents this quest from being offered by covens. DFU retains this bug.

Classic (and DFU atm) have a bug where NPC males in certain houses of cities offer coven guild prompts, which sounds similar to the TG Spymaster bug Hazelnut fixed. For whatever reason, this quest CAN be gotten from those fake beldams in classic. But not in DFU.

Ferital

Re: 0.8.6: not able to get Q0C00Y08 from covens

Post by Ferital »

According to the UESP, this quest has been fixed in DFQFIX, a quest patch which fixes many broken quests and supercedes Donald Tipton's quest patch in some cases. If you're playing classic using a DaggerfallSetup install, DFQFIX is included, which is why you can get the quest from fake house Glenmoril warlocks.

However, DFU does not use original binary quest files (qbn and qrc ones) but there decompiled versions in the Donald Tipton format called "Template". This makes the quests more easy to parse at runtime but they may not include all the fixes found in DFQFIX. I think Jay_H and Interkarma could tell us more about that.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Well, this is a simple one :) Check out your QuestList-Classic in Tables, and here's the entry:

Code: Select all

-Q0C00Y08, Witches, N, 0, 0, FAILED. Clock wants a travel time but quest has no Place resources.
This line's edited out so the quest can't be offered yet.

I successfully ran this one myself recently, so I believe its problems have been resolved. I don't recall any problem completing it, at least.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Thanks Jay_H :)

Just out of curiosity, which starting base was used in DFU to obtain the decompiled quests source? Was it the original quests only (including the last official patch and CompUSA addon), or did this also include Tipton and DFQFIX patches as well?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

DFQFIX happened first. That saved a ton of bug fixes that would've been inevitable. AFAIK Tipton also made it in, though the alternate Cyndassa path has been disabled for now.

EDIT: Proof positive.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm DFQFIX happened first. That saved a ton of bug fixes that would've been inevitable. AFAIK Tipton also made it in, though the alternate Cyndassa path has been disabled for now.

EDIT: Proof positive.
I see, thanks for the link :)