Linux #127: "pc at" providing false positives [RESOLVED]

Jay_H

Linux #127: "pc at" providing false positives [RESOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

The "pc at" quest condition has fired at an erroneous time. My quest has it set to trigger only at a remote palace, but it fired immediately in the guild hall where the quest was received:

Here's the quest text: https://pastebin.com/m6sMyLwU

Interkarma

Re: Linux #127: "pc at" providing false positives

Post by Interkarma »

I've just looked into this and it's a flaw in how I've designed selection of remote quest buildings. Here's a breakdown of the problem.

When asked to select a "remote buildingType" of any kind, the quest system just randomly grabs locations and looks for the matching type in that random location. There's a maximum number of attempts in case it can't find one before giving up. This should lead quest system to reject quest, but that isn't happening in this case for some reason. Instead the Place resource is empty and just matches whatever. I'll look into that shortly.

I also need to improve my overall design of remote building selection as it has a couple of serious flaws:
  • Quest compile time is increased while searching for building types.
  • Quest might end up non-viable despite player being in a region with the required building type.
This has been on my internal list for a while and I have some great ideas on how to improve this. It just needs a bit of engineering to execute properly.

I'll try to make some short-term improvements to help resolve this specific problem soon.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem for me. I'm happier when a quest hits every time rather than no times :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This one has probably been resolved for a while. The quest system now properly rejects quests when the required building resources cannot be found.