Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch rotation does not match orientation of switch housing [GAME-DATA RELATED]

SlainByWoodborne

Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch rotation does not match orientation of switch housing [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Post by SlainByWoodborne »

The switches on each of the four sides of this pillar flip in an odd manner. Based on their origin position, I would expect them to move vertically. Instead, when activated, the switches move horizontally to the left which clips through the graphic for the wooden boxes surrounding the switches.
Attachments
Switch_flip_orientation_SAVE52.7z
(218.26 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Interkarma

Re: Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch flip orientation different from the orientation of the wooden box surrounding switch

Post by Interkarma »

Sometimes action records aren't correct in Daggerfall's game data. Would you have time to test this same lever in classic to see if it matches? Otherwise, I'll check later when I can.

SlainByWoodborne

Re: Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch flip orientation different from the orientation of the wooden box surrounding switch

I'd be more apt to verify stuff in classic if I knew how to skip around to the same location without having to traverse the world to do so. If this is performed using DFTFU, is there a guide? If I were to guess, I would posit that it is the same in classic since I recall having seen something like this previously. Still, either the level or the wooden box should be rotated.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Please see my response in your other topic around game-data issues. :)

I'm going to assume this one is game-data related until verified otherwise.

pango

Re: Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch rotation does not match orientation of switch housing [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Post by pango »

All those levers rotate to the left when activated in Daggerfall classic too:
direnni levers - classic.jpg
direnni levers - classic.jpg (46.47 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
Personally I use an OP character (that completed the main quest and then some) and a good knowledge of Daggerfall dungeons. No other tricks, so it can still take some time...
blunt thief.jpg
blunt thief.jpg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Win_x64_0.7.91: Switch rotation does not match orientation of switch housing [GAME-DATA RELATED]

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for confirming Pango. :)

That's how I navigate classic for testing as well. I just blitz the dungeons with an OP character (using Ming here) and a few tricks like using [ and ] to find a marker close to where I want to go. I also use Void Ranger tactics with Levitate as a means of getting around in void-space then popping back into the dungeon space where needed. Pushing the movement envelope in classic is a fun game by itself.

SlainByWoodborne

Interkarma wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 am I also use Void Ranger tactics with Levitate as a means of getting around in void-space then popping back into the dungeon space where needed. Pushing the movement envelope in classic is a fun game by itself.
Do you mean you use the clipping and falling through geometry to your advantage with levitate? :?: