[Win_x64_0.7.91] Game keeps changing to native screen resolution [NOT REPRODUCED]

staggerlee

[Win_x64_0.7.91] Game keeps changing to native screen resolution [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by staggerlee »

It seems like going outdoors most of the times changes from my chosen resolution (640x480) to the native resolution of my screen, checked the .ini, everything is correct. Closing the game and opening again returns to the correct resolution most of the time, specially if saved indoors, but then going outdoors will most likely change it again.

At first it seemed to be mod related, specially using enhanced skies, but it still happens without mod.

I'm using the x64 0.7.91 build on windows 7,

Interkarma

Re: [Win_x64_0.7.91] Game keeps changing to native screen resolution

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Daggerfall Unity is technically always running at native screen resolution. It's a borderless windowed game that never sets exclusive resolution. Rather, it renders to an internal target of your selected resolution then presents that with appropriate scaling.

This internal resolution is only set at game startup, not at any other time. Going inside/outside has no bearing on the render target resolution.

Could you perhaps add some screenshots or some more information leading you to feel the resolution is changing? I'll move this to help and support until a bug is confirmed.

staggerlee

Post by staggerlee »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwpu2w6mcoaf0 ... .3gpp?dl=0

Here's a video of the game changing the resolution, sorry for the quality, it was easier to record with my phone. You can see that when I go outside the borders of the 640x480 resolution disappear and my fps drops a lot. If more info is needed i'll be glad to send your way.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, that does look like buggy behaviour. I'll dig into this when I can.