0.10.7 - have _item_ set _task_ not working when looting [NOT REPRODUCED]

Yagiza

0.10.7 - have _item_ set _task_ not working when looting [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Yagiza »

Discovered another bug, related to this topic (an item, taken from an enemy):

For quest items, taken from a dead body of a foe,
have _anItem_ set _aTask_
Do not work. It works all right in classic Daggerfall.

I can attach a sample test quest for checkin' all the issues, mentioned in this topic, if anyone need it.

Jay_H

Re: 0.10.7 - Clothing use condition do not trigger when it is equipped

Post by Jay_H »

It's unrelated to the actual "use" bug so I'm splitting it off.

I confirmed it independently with a different character and quest, JHDB017, in 0.10.7.

Yagiza

Re: 0.10.7 - Clothing use condition do not trigger when it is equipped

Post by Yagiza »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:18 pm It's unrelated to the actual "use" bug so I'm splitting it off.
I agree, but I'm sure that different behavior of quest items taken from foes and gottent other way makes those issues related. We can summarize these issues as "some events do not trigger for loot quest items."

Yagiza

Re: 0.10.7 - more bugs with loot quest items

Post by Yagiza »

Going on developing my quest, I ran into more bugs, related to loot quest items. I believe all of those bugs have the same nature, so I report here.
  1. Loot quest item cannot be removed from PC's inventory by any means
  2. When you give quest item to a foe, if it already have a quest item, it duplicates
Test quest is attached. How to reproduce bugs:
  1. Take the quest from a quest giver of Mages Guild. You'll receive The Sanguine Rose from him.
  2. Go to the first place, mentioned by quest giver. Find a Warriror there. Hit it. Accept or refuse its request to give it The Sanguine Rose.
  3. Kill the Warrior and search its dead body.
  4. If you accepted its request and gave it The Sanguine Rose, you'll find The Sanguine Rose and two The Hircine Rings in it.
  5. If you refused and didn't give it The Sanguine Rose, you'll find only one The Hircine Ring in the corpse.
  6. Take all the quest items from the corpse.
  7. Go to the second place, mentioned by quest giver. Find an Archer there. Hit it. Accept its request to give it The Hircine Ring.
  8. Look into your inventory. You'll notice, that none of The Hircine Rings were removed from it.
  9. Kill the Archer and search its dead body. You'll find another copy of The Hircine Ring there.
  10. Go back to quest giver and click it to finish the quest.
  11. Look into your inventory. You'll notice, that none of The Hircine Rings were removed from it.
  12. If you accepted Warrior's request and gave it The Sanguine Rose, The Sanguine Rose also not removed from PC's inventory, 'cause it became a loot item as well..
  13. If you refused and didn't give The Sanguine Rose to the Warrior, it will be removed from PC's inventory, 'cause it was an ordinary (not loot) quest item.
Attachments
N0C00Y00.zip
Loot quest item test
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.7 - have _item_ set _task_ not working when looting

Post by Interkarma »

Not reproduced as of 0.11.3. Picking up an item from the dead body of a foe triggers "have item set task" as expected.